PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 4... am I a wimp?

pshreck
01-22-2005, 02:25 AM
So I picked up Resident Evil 4 a few days ago. I played it last night, but eventually got so spooked out... I had to stop...

Now, I've stated before on this forum that I live alone. I have never had any fright problem with this, from watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre by myself, to watching/listening everything on the AAEVP website at about 2 am.

Still, last night, I got so spooked out playing this game, I just had to turn it off and put on sportscenter. I thought I could enjoy it more playing it in the day time.

For context into the game... it easily the scariest video game I have ever played, and for many reasons it is scarier than most horror movies I have seen. The fact that you are taking part in it really pushes it over the top when it comes to getting freaked out at it.

I'm sure some of you have played it by now... anyone see where I am coming from?

Daliman
01-22-2005, 03:22 AM
I don;t know about Resident Evil, but Half-Life 2 is messing with my dreams lately tho.

Scariest Game ever....Clive Barker's Undying, and it's not close.

daryn
01-22-2005, 03:32 AM
i played the first one way back, and remember getting spooked but not to that degree.

pshreck
01-22-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i played the first one way back, and remember getting spooked but not to that degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this one kind of blows all the previous ones out of the water.

Like you are walking down a muddy hill in the dark, its raining and thundering out. You walk into a dark shed to open up a crate, and their is a loud ass shriek behind you as a religious cult member tries to shove a hatchet into you.

Another part where you are walking around a relgious cult's house, and the paintings and crap are ridiculously creepy.

The fact that the graphics are amazing don't help. The game gets an A+, it really isnt bogus that it is getting even higher ratings than GTA San Andreas and Halo 2 got.

wacki
01-22-2005, 05:29 AM
What system should I buy if I want to play it. I love Res Evil. Too bad they botched the movies though.

Burno
01-22-2005, 05:34 AM
Yea dude this has happened to me too.

If you have a big TV, a decent surround system, and are alone, it's real easy to get freaked out. The suspense in these games is incredible.

Get real baked and it's even scarier. /images/graemlins/grin.gif