PDA

View Full Version : Fighting on Truepoker

04-19-2002, 03:35 PM
I've heard they're going to implement a new idea that will help people handle bad beats better, or at least help them get out some of their anger. You know in those hockey videogames when you can pick fights with other players? It's gonna be like that.

You can start a fight with another player at the table if you get a bad beat.* This would involve smacking him in the head, and humiliating him, or other violent acts, like turning the whole table over on top of him. The players would have controls like in Mortal Kombat. The cool thing is, the player that loses the fight has to leave the table, which adds to the drama and humiliation factor.

*I've heard there are factors that need to be present before you can start the fight. The program will keep track of odds and implied odds, and such, and notice when a player made a really lucky river. If the qualifications are met for a bad beat, the losing player can pick a fight.

I think it's a great idea, and i have to congratulate David Gzech, the CEO, or whatever his name is, on helping us weed out these bad players. We do not want these weakies in our game, messing up our moves. If someone's in the pot with me, I want them to have crappy hands, but I don't want those hands to win. Needless to say, I will be picking many fights with the other Truepoker players when this upgrade comes out. (I think it's in July)

04-19-2002, 03:53 PM
This is without a doubt that dumbest thing that I have ever heard. Are you kidding me ???????????

Absolutely ridiculous !!!!!!!!

Then you said something even dumber. You stated, "We do not want these weakies in our game"

Are smoking crack ? Yes, I do want bad players in our game. That's how I make my money !

So now, instead of getting our cards right away, we are going to have to wait until some stupid fight is over! This is absolutely ridiculous. If this is true, I will definitely stop playing at True Poker. Which would be a shame, because it has the softest games and softest players online.

PS - Jen, you are an idiot, I can't believe that you want the bad players weeded out! LOL

Enrique

04-19-2002, 04:01 PM
and how long before paradise copies this feature?

/images/wink.gif

04-19-2002, 04:12 PM
You guys relax- Jen is just joking...I think the post she wrote was actually quite amusing! Its funny and you people are going way overboard here.

Lighten up every once in a while and enjoy humor! Jen yeah that would be cool, but be careful not to make false statements on True Poker. Take care players!

3 2 1

04-19-2002, 04:17 PM
Jen, you are the stupidest person ever. I'm with Enrique. Do you work for Truepoker? You're trying to pass this idea off as good? you idiot!!!!!! We have to watch stupid players fight now? I'm cancelling my membership!!!! I don't come to internet poker sites to play Mortal Kombat!!!! Screw all the people who think that's supposed to be cool!!! And by the way, I like to play with bad players!!! They give me money by making bad plays!!! Did you not know this!!! You should shut your mouth!!!

-Jim

04-19-2002, 04:51 PM

04-19-2002, 05:00 PM
i had no idea it was a joke... that's why i put the little winky face there. jeez.

04-19-2002, 05:14 PM
Dear Enrique:

I have no idea where such a rumor would have started and do not even understand what it means by "fighting" after a bad beat.

Rest assured Truepoker has no such plans as you have described in your email.

Truepoker Management

Jen, you are an idiot. You should be banned from the forum.

Enrique

04-19-2002, 05:35 PM
Are you ESL?

04-19-2002, 05:41 PM
If you mean ESL as in English as a second language. The answer is no. English is actually my third language.

Excuse me for making that mistake, after I saw the posting I realized that I left the "is".

Enrique

04-19-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey Nathan, why don't you bring out the fact that I left out the word "out" in my response to your posting. I did that just for you big guy.

Enrique

04-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Anyone who read Jen's original post and thought for even one second that she was serious is a MO-ron in my book. Please sit down at my poker table anytime.

Banned from the board? A sense of humor adds a little spice to the community. How would you like it if someone suggested that you should be banned for some of the abusive language you used in this thread?

04-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Hey E L O, I'll be at TruePoker tonight. Look for me and we can play then. We can sit at one of the 10-20 tables and politely tell anyone who sits there that we want to play heads up.

Enrique

04-19-2002, 05:54 PM
Jen, it was an excellent, funny post.

Sorry, but it is not true.

David Gzesh, CEO

Truepoker

04-20-2002, 02:22 AM
Sorry Enrique you look like a big idiot here. The original post was very funny, and obviously a joke. I dont understand why you didnt get it, maybe you just have no (make that 0) feel for humor. What I am trying to say is that it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo obvious that I am not sure wether you are pulling our collective legs. Are you really that brain dead, or am I not getting your attempt at humor. BTW I hear that TruePoker is refunding all losses in June for people who actually were born in June. It a special summer promo for summer babies, I think that it's real nice of them. I am done here.

04-20-2002, 02:22 AM
Damn - we all thought she was serious! Good post, Jen. See you at TRUE (under different alias, of course).

04-20-2002, 03:10 AM
That's a rather biased promo!

I think I'm going to complain about birthday discrimination! That's just absurd! Dispicable...

- Tony

04-20-2002, 08:13 AM
... er, maybe if you looked at the date it would explain a lot of the current spate of posts?

april 1st ring a bell?

04-20-2002, 09:28 AM
I bet your wife brags to everyone about what a sweet man her Jim is with the ladies. NOT

Frankly you disgust me.

The lady made a joke....even if it wasn't you have no right to call her an idiot and tell her to shut her mouth.

This is a forum, she is intitled to say what she likes and as I said even if it was true ( Only those with half a brain would have thought it to be anyway ) It is her opinion and you have no right to insult her for expressing it.

Go mow the lawn or something :P

04-20-2002, 12:14 PM
I guess Gzesh changed his mind about the whole idea. I heard it was a very real possibility. I guess Sklansky and Mason advised against it, though. Thanks guys for doing your part to take all the fun out of poker!! I myself would have liked to bust a few heads.

04-20-2002, 12:47 PM
who told you they were going to do it?

if it was llarfa then he was probably trying to lure you to his site

if it was dynasty, then we should ask david gjeschk again if he is certain the idea has been shelved

04-20-2002, 04:29 PM
your english is excellent, that's not why i was asking.

i find that sometimes people who take things literally on the internet do so because they are not accustomed to things like sarcasm, idioms, tonuge-in-cheek humor, metaphors, and the like.

thanks for the response.

04-22-2002, 06:31 PM
Chill out man, you sound like the idiot at this point. There is something called humor.