PDA

View Full Version : BB Defense

gaming_mouse
01-22-2005, 02:14 AM
You are BB. Folded to button, who raises. SB folds. 3/6 game. You are getting 3.3:1 to call. What range do you call with?

TIA,
gm

schroedy
01-22-2005, 05:49 AM
depends on the button.

Any A or pair is a reraise against anyone however.

After that I have to ask myself whether this guy has any tricks or not. The real key is whether I can make him lay down a hand by doing something tricky, like check calling any flop and check raising any turn, etc.

If he is a total unknown, I am going to test him out a little to see whether some of the tricks work or not.

mr pink
01-22-2005, 01:25 PM
this really depends on the player. a range of hands that is favorable to the range of hands he's willing to try and steal with. also how weak is the player? is he solid post flop? will he exploit his position advantage? take all this into assessment and make a decision.

peace - jeff

gaming_mouse
01-22-2005, 04:07 PM
1. Versus an unknown?
2. Versus a LAG?
3. Versus a TAG?

schroedy
01-22-2005, 04:23 PM
I think that this is very player specific and labels like LAG or TAG don't help to define what you are looking for.

You want a player that is easy to read and is capable of laying down a hand heads up when the flop misses him but he has chances (overcards, etc.). On the other hand you don't want a player that is so tight that he already has a hand most of the time (that he raises).