PDA

View Full Version : Non US contributer and paper work?

Adde
01-21-2005, 11:39 PM
How do people not from the US (say Europe) handle the paper work if they get published in the magazine?

Adde

Mason Malmuth
01-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Hi Adde:

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by paperwork, but if you want to get published in our magazine, you need to send an article to my email address which is MasonMalmuth@TwoPlusTwo.com. Include the article in the body of the email, not in a file attachment.

Best wishes,

Mason

Adde
01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Mason,

I was refering to taxes. If memory serves me well, you mentioned earlier about a tax form sent to the author, or was it the other way? Anyway, how do you handle payments to non-US (europe; sweden; etc) people?

Adde

cowboyzfan
01-22-2005, 09:45 AM
These freaking Swedes are taking over!! BTW, that is a compliment /images/graemlins/smile.gif It is kind of sad when their English is better than some of ours /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mason Malmuth
01-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi Adde:

All payments are being handled by Chuck Weinstock. I suggest you PM him.

Best wishes,
Mason

Adde
01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
These freaking Swedes are taking over!! BTW, that is a compliment /images/graemlins/smile.gif It is kind of sad when their English is better than some of ours /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Thanks. I think. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Funny thing you mention the language, since I've been thinking about that recently. Even though I can make myself understood in writings, I'm not that sure my English skills are good enough for the standards of an article. Nuances in English writing can be tricky when you have a different mother tongue. It would be a bummer to pass the Content Police, only to be nabbed by his Grammar partner.

Adde

GrannyMae
01-22-2005, 12:42 PM
i would have guessed english was your first language adde. dead serious.

your english is fine, certainly better than mine, and certainly better than mason's /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

just get someone to proof it if you want, but i swear, i would never have guessed it was not your mother tongue (no joke there, tho i could make one easily)

as far as the tax form, we got a W-9. i don't think you would have anything to worry about. this just covers chuck and is a form that we sign that says we got the dough and will pay our own income tax on it. if mason & chuck will accept european writers (which i think is the gist of your question), then this tax form should probably not even apply to you. you may have to sign it to cover chuck's asss, but if that is your only US income, i can't imagine the IRS would expect you to pay any tax on it.

i'm hoping some tax attorney, cpa or US, irs nit will correct me if wrong.

i'd love to see you submit something. your posts have never been anything but extremely informative, entertaining and a great read.. i've read evey one you ever made (although lately i have had to find them by clicking on 'show all user's posts' in your profile).

Adde
01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks Granny. And thanks, that was informative stuff.

Adde

cowboyzfan
01-22-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I think. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Funny thing you mention the language, since I've been thinking about that recently. Even though I can make myself understood in writings, I'm not that sure my English skills are good enough for the standards of an article. Nuances in English writing can be tricky when you have a different mother tongue. It would be a bummer to pass the Content Police, only to be nabbed by his Grammar partner.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

Send me the article and I will proof it. Not that I am a grammar expert, but I am better at seeing other's faults than my own. /images/graemlins/grin.gif If you did make a mistake it would likely be an American idiom or something minor like that. But as Grannie and I said, your English is better than many natives.

Definitely what I said was a compliment. I am hesitant to lump a group together, but I guess that is not so bad if the comment is positive. I have just noticed so many Swedes in poker lately and also in tournament golf, my two favorite things. It seems when you guys take something on, you are very serious about it, just an observation.

Adde
01-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Send me the article and I will proof it.

Thank you for your kind offer, cowboyzfan! I will most definitely do that when, or if, I get an article down on paper. Got some ideas, but nothing written yet. Time will tell.

Adde

Shoe
01-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Can anyone submit an article? Also, how much does it pay?

Adde
01-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Can anyone submit an article? Also, how much does it pay?

Yes. $200. More here:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/contributions.html

Adde

Shoe
01-22-2005, 09:40 PM
Thank you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif