PDA

View Full Version : Poker.com

04-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Anybody played there?

What about cash outs?

04-18-2002, 10:23 PM
I play there. They pay for sure, but checks are rather slow unless you use fedex. It costs something though. Games there are good. I like that site a lot. I used to play at paradise all the time but now I play mostly at poker.com.

04-19-2002, 01:18 AM
They don't allow Canadians to play there for real money.

04-19-2002, 03:19 PM
I play there most of the time. a good site. they've made a lot of improvements and have just replaced their servers. BIG DIFFERENCE! They're in the process of adding NL and PL as well as 5 handed tables. Yes, checks take a 3 or 4 weeks. fed ex is $30. (lame) I heard a rumor they're going to have paypal soon. Let's hope so.

04-22-2002, 02:01 PM
I started with Ultimate Bet last Tuesday and have about 25 hours there. They instantly added the 20% sign-up bonus to my account. I play mostly 5-10 and some 10-20 (up about $950).

I signed-up with Poker.com on Friday (about 6:30 pm PDT) and had to email them to get them to add the $50 bonus, which they did on Saturday. I have played about 25 hours here, too (up about $800 - I know, I am do for a "correction" - I did drop about $600 Sunday and Monday).

I have found both site's 5-10 games to be rather loose (with some exceptions). Poker.com's 10 - 20 game was loose/passive, with 6 or 7 people taking the flop on a regular basis. Ultimate Bet's 10 - 20 was tighter and far more aggressive.

This morning I saw a person limp UTG with J4s (hit the flush). I also saw a person in the cut-off turn over K3o at the showdown. I saw many people cold-call raises with small pairs and take the underpair to the river. Many people there like to turn over their hands when they lose, too show how unlucky/close they were, I guess. I've raised with AK, caught a K on the flop and had a player call all the way with J6o - he hit a J on the flop. I can't tell you how many times I've seen players call early position raises with Axo.