PDA

View Full Version : More cd burning questions...

cnfuzzd
01-21-2005, 11:19 PM
yeah, in case you cant tell, this is the first cd ive burned,,, ever.

So im trucking along with nero, created my cd list, and get ready to burn, but then realize that half the songs are mp3's, as i want this cd to be playable in regular old-fashioned cd players, whats the best way to convert all these songs into whatever format they need to be?

The other half the songs are ripped from cd's. Do i need to do something to those also.

I did try the help function, but im pretty much an ignorant luddite.

thanks

peace

john nickle

AngryCola
01-21-2005, 11:22 PM
It will take the mp3s (and whatever else) and put them on the CD-R in a form readable by CD players.

Just make sure you select "audio CD" and not "Data CD".

Pretty simple.

cnfuzzd
01-21-2005, 11:43 PM
so any particular reason why the disc wouldnt work in my (somewhat old) cd player. Mediaplayer shows it as being a straight audio cd, and my dvd player reads it, but not my cd player. Thoughts?

peace

john nickle

scotnt73
01-21-2005, 11:52 PM
make sure the mp3s arent in a folder

vulturesrow
01-22-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so any particular reason why the disc wouldnt work in my (somewhat old) cd player. Mediaplayer shows it as being a straight audio cd, and my dvd player reads it, but not my cd player. Thoughts?

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, some older CD players cant read CD-R or CD-RW even if the songs are in the correct format. I could be wrong about this but I seem to remember this being the case.

ThaSaltCracka
01-22-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, some older CD players cant read CD-R or CD-RW even if the songs are in the correct format. I could be wrong about this but I seem to remember this being the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

yup some old CD players don't read the CD-R's at all.

AngryCola
01-22-2005, 03:13 AM
If that's true, it's probably a really old CD player.

I don't think an audio CD-R has ever failed on any CD player I've tried. It wouldn't surprise me though.

*NOTE*

Also make sure to push the button labeled "power" on the CD player before attempted playback of the music. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacki
01-22-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

*NOTE*

Also make sure to push the button labeled "power" on the CD player before attempted playback of the music. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow....

Cnfuzzd, MP3 is just a compressed music file. A none compressed music file is normally called a .wav file. This is the type of file that cd players can read. If you burn an audio cd, you have to close the cd. Closing the CD means the cd burner burns and index (just like in the back of the book) that lets the CD player know where all the songs are. Since computers are "smart" they can figure this out without an index. CD players are "dumb" so they can't figure this out. There are some CD players that can't read CD-r's but they are few and far between. I hope this helps.

eric5148
01-22-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

*NOTE*

Also make sure to push the button labeled "power" on the CD player before attempted playback of the music.

wow....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hey hey, that's enough, I didn't know any of this $hit either.

wacki
01-22-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

wow....

Cnfuzzd, MP3 is just a compressed music file. A none compressed music file is normally called a .wav file. This is the type of file that cd players can read. If you burn an audio cd, you have to close the cd. Closing the CD means the cd burner burns and index (just like in the back of the book) that lets the CD player know where all the songs are. Since computers are "smart" they can figure this out without an index. CD players are "dumb" so they can't figure this out. There are some CD players that can't read CD-r's but they are few and far between. I hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the typos.... can you tell I was drunk when I posted this?

eric5148
01-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Best drunk typing I've ever seen.

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 07:55 AM
you know what,,,,i am awesome.

A) i was able to turn the vague (but usefull) advice into a fairly decent b-day present. Thank You the people i am about to mock!!!!! (your average 2+2 poster couldnt say this at 5:38 local time)

B)Not only did i do the above, but, i managed to make it through the entire night hagning out with chicks who are no older thant 18, with the occasional flash, without getting into serious trouble. This is admirable....

C) i am still able to say that i own all of you techno-philes because i can say this: :" Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed, the ability to destroy a planet is insignifgant next to the power of the Force.

D) Your mockery was given on a thread that, in the end, is completely irelevant to me. So you looked good, and displayed some technoligical know-how. Your name still amounts to nothing more tha upset participant. You people all need hobbies.

D)that having been said, i am glad this forum is here so i can vent.

E) I F[/i]UCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!!!

everyone who thinks i have issues, say yes now.....

wacki
01-22-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

B)Not only did i do the above, but, i managed to make it through the entire night hagning out with chicks who are no older thant 18, with the occasional flash, without getting into serious trouble. This is admirable....

[/ QUOTE ]

18 year old boobies? wow... How did you get so lucky?

[ QUOTE ]
E) I F[/i]UCKING HATE PEOPLE!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this and the above in the same post?

[ QUOTE ]
everyone who thinks i have issues, say yes now.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the above two are from the same person, yes.

I'm glad you got it working Nickle. I'm going to bed now.

peace

wacki /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wacki
01-22-2005, 08:06 AM
P.S. didn't you forget something in your post?

peace

wacki

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

18 year old boobies? wow... How did you get so lucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am god's own son,,,,didnt i tell you????

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
E) I [censored] HATE PEOPLE!!!!!

How is this and the above in the same post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because, people are willing to pretend to be my friend, as long as im pouring shots....i have yet to find a friend who is committed loinger than, say, the duration of time neccesary to read 2+2 post.....

so you all are family, right???????

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 08:14 AM
no,,,,, im not very happy right now,,,, i didnt forget sh[/i]it. And to all you who are willing to argue, i have a long and depressing story to hang on those who think im lying....

f[/i]uck off

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 08:22 AM
jesus,,,that was bitter, wasnt it.... thats why i cant be TSC,,, because sooner or later, i would just devolve into some sort of immature screaming match...

peace

john nicikle

also,,, to all who contributed to the "saddest song thread",,,, thank you very much. It has made for a good coping mechanism....

peace

john nickle

wacki
01-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Nickle, chill. Things will get better. We all go through bad [censored]. Just make sure you change your attitude so you don't repeat your mistakes and the mistakes of others. Make good decisions and your life will improve, just like in poker. You are more than welcome to PM if there is something you don't want to post in the forums. Be cool Nickle. I have to go now but feel free to PM me if you need anything.

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, there's a bright day after that
So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out,
keep your head up, and handle it.

-Pac

AngryCola
01-22-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

*NOTE*

Also make sure to push the button labeled "power" on the CD player before attempted playback of the music.

wow....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey hey hey, that's enough, I didn't know any of this $hit either.

[/ QUOTE ]

cnfuzzd probably knew I was kidding with that bit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Why didn't you and wacki? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AngryCola
01-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Maybe cnfuzzd didn't realize I was trying to make a funny after all. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is very admirable. Where do I sign up?

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 02:06 PM
and who said i wasnt special....jesus,,, blacked out posting,,, i am special. at least i had a cleaqr outline.

Yeah, so i wasnt really that upset, and im not really in that much emotional turmoil. I was just really, really wasted.

angrycola, i understood you were joking. No worries

wacki, thanks for the words man. Im not really that upset, and, once ive moved, i will be removed from the thing that continually preturbs me.

i do nominate this as my best drunken post ever. Oh, and eighteen year-old boobies RAWK!!!!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

much love to everyone, im going back to bed.

peace

john nickle

cnfuzzd
01-22-2005, 02:11 PM
oh, and i would just like to add, that is possible the first time ive ever said "local time" in my life. And i still dont understand that whole "why cant i be more like TSC" thing.....

Jager is good....

peace

john nickle

wacki
01-22-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cnfuzzd probably knew I was kidding with that bit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Why didn't you and wacki? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured as much, I just didn't expect it from you.