PDA

View Full Version : Playing Poker when Drunk...

Adde
01-21-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm drunk. And stupid. Gonna play some before bed. Did I mention stupid? Anyway. Like roulette, you know its bad, but you pay for the pleasure. Or pain.

What's your experience of drunk play?

Adde Drunk
(soon Adde Hangover)

Ponks
01-21-2005, 11:15 PM
I swear my friend can only win when he's drunk. He's not that great anyways, but when he's drunk he tilts a lot less then he normally would.

Ponks

mcozzy1
01-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Last weekend, I went down 100 BB, got drunk and pulled back to even.

Tonight, I went down 100 BB, and am on my second beer. I wish I could play high, but I can't find any buds here. I'd be unstoppable if I were high. I'd know when my gutshots were going to hit and could raise them pre-flop.

Adde
01-21-2005, 11:23 PM
I swear my friend can only win when he's drunk. He's not that great anyways, but when he's drunk he tilts a lot less then he normally would.

Never thought of that, booze reduces tilt. You lose to a 3-outer, yet you don't mind. Makes perfect sense for the moment.

Adde

Adde
01-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Last weekend, I went down 100 BB, got drunk and pulled back to even.

If that's not proof for online poker being ragged, I don't know what is.

Adde

mcozzy1
01-21-2005, 11:39 PM
lol

mcozzy1
01-22-2005, 12:10 AM
It's official. Playing drunk good. Was down over $400 playing $2/4 on party. AFter 6 beers, the deficit has been cut to under $100. Woohoo!. Two weeks in a row, the same thing happened.

I don't know why I can't get 7s full of 5s before I've had a few drinks......or why some fish capping the flop with nothing doesn't hit runner-runner flush after I've had a few. I've been drunk about twice in the past 6 months.....both times I've turned nice profits. If I liked beer more, I would consider becoming an alcoholic.

Adde
01-22-2005, 12:29 AM
It's official. Playing drunk good.

I am down. I have sinned. Need to believe.

Adde

Shoe
01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm down about $100 so far playing sober.... Gonna crack one open and see what happens.

Adde
01-22-2005, 12:52 AM
05:45 AM: Gonna crack one open and see what happens.

What happened? Either you drink too slow, or you're already too drunk to post. Not that there's anything wrong with that. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Adde

MicroBob
01-22-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing Poker when Drunk...

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Idea!! Why didn't I think of that?

I had a few drinks at the B&M Tuesday and won $370.

I'm sober right now and keep losing.

My 88 lost to T3o when a T hit on the river (6-max).
On my full-ring game my set of 3's got busted by with runner-runner T's to TT (obviously he had me beat on turn already so it proved to be quite expensive).

So, I've been winning when drinking...and losing when not drinking.

you do the math.

I think it's time to hit the booze!!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Adde
01-22-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm sober right now and keep losing.

And not to forget, not as good looking as when drunk. Or me drunk. Or vice versa. I need another drink.

Adde

GMan42
01-22-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why I can't get 7s full of 5s before I've had a few drinks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because you're only playing 75o after you've had a few drinks? (or is that your point?) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

soko
01-22-2005, 01:29 AM
You can't make 7s full of 5s with 75s?

Adde
01-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Done. Down 84. (Don't spend it all at once.) Lost much more on a sober day last month. That's proof enough. Will never play sober again. Zzzzzzz...

Adde

Shoe
01-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Well, It took me a few beers to get back to even but it worked. It's official, drinking improves your game! I'm hoping to show a small profit for the night now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
01-22-2005, 02:08 AM
I was too much of a light-weight tonight and gave up after half a drink that I mixed too strong.

However, I did make a minimature comeback in there.

I lost another set under set that hit on the turn.

But then my 99 that ended up getting capped PF hit top-set on the flop and then the board paired-up AND 4-flushed and my lone opponent left had the A. That was VERY nice.

So...even though I didn't get drunk...even a few sips will bring in the money AND you can avoid that silly "i can't tell how many tables I'm playing" feeling.

Terry
01-22-2005, 02:33 AM
When a tournament gets down to 7 handed I pour myself a triple and start sipping. When it gets to 6 handed, I slug it down fast. It seems to help me overcome my grinder ways and helps me move into maniac mode.

Other than that, I have a tremendous fear of getting drunk and playing online, where I have instant access to way too much money to take a chance on losing it all.

My (long ago) experiences drinking and gambling in Vegas all turned out the same way ... empty pockets.

WSOPWinner2005
01-22-2005, 03:12 AM
I'll glady pay for EVERYONES booze, given the following two conditions

1) You must drink at least a 12 pack or your 'deposit' isn't refunded and you are paying for the beer with the deposit.

2) You must sit at a table with me (Hell it can even be limit after a 12 pack) and play at least for 6 hours straight...

Game on !!! (Oh yeah, no natty light - REAL BEER, imports only)

mcozzy1
01-22-2005, 03:40 AM
You'd have to spot me 3 hole cards under those conditions.

o0mr_bill0o
01-22-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) You must drink at least a 12 pack or your 'deposit' isn't refunded and you are paying for the beer with the deposit.

2) You must sit at a table with me (Hell it can even be limit after a 12 pack) and play at least for 6 hours straight...

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the best beer is made in america. try a stone imperial stout, or double bastard, or rogue chocolate stout, dogfishhead 90 minute, etc and tell me it's not fantastic. micros, baby, yeah.

WSOPWinner2005
01-22-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some of the best beer is made in america. try a stone imperial stout, or double bastard, or rogue chocolate stout, dogfishhead 90 minute, etc and tell me it's not fantastic. micros, baby, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some Microbrews I have ahd were O.K. but ANYTHING stout, GET AWAY... HAte anything that remotely reminds me of Guiness. Now lagers on the other hand are fantastic. Too bad I made a New Year's Resolution.

o0mr_bill0o
01-22-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Some Microbrews I have ahd were O.K. but ANYTHING stout, GET AWAY... HAte anything that remotely reminds me of Guiness. Now lagers on the other hand are fantastic. Too bad I made a New Year's Resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally, i've never had a stout other than guinness (or murphy's or beamish, etc.) that tasted much at all like guinness. but if you want some good lagers, try a celebrator doppelbock... mmmm... or if you want american, try a sprecher schwarzbier, or maybe st. victorious doppelbock. really depends where you live... mmm. anyway, i'm done drooling over some quality american brews now. what am i saying, i'm never done.

Shoe
01-22-2005, 04:22 AM
Sorry, the only thing I drink is miller lite. I can't stand that dark crap.

Slacker13
01-22-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your experience of drunk play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never good. I am retarded when playing while boozed up, I stay on everything. I think it's actually drunks who built Vegas.

WSOPWinner2005
01-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Liked Miller Lite when I drank domestics...

I also weighed 40 pounds less and was 3 years younger, LOL!!

Shoe
01-22-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Liked Miller Lite when I drank domestics...

I also weighed 40 pounds less and was 3 years younger, LOL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like me 3 years from now... I'll probably have made the switch to the dark side, and will probably add 40 pounds to my beer gut by then.