PDA

View Full Version : America's Worst Cardroom

04-18-2002, 09:04 PM
who was it that said they like the software for AC? It is absolutely the worst I've ever used. Things seem to either go aching slow or frenetically fast. Shown down hands don't get turned over in order, or if they do it's so fast you can't see them. the notes and chat features are inferior to anything on similar sites. Party, Paradise, Poker.com, Planet, Highlands, and Ultimate Bet(which I don't much like either) are all far, far more pleasent. Don't care what promotions they're putting together I don't want to have to deal with all of that.

04-18-2002, 09:18 PM
"who was it that said they like the software for AC?"

I know I was definitely one of the people that said that. I have no problems with it at all.

LLAMA

04-18-2002, 10:46 PM
I think its the third best software after pokerstars and paradise. Ultimatet, planet and highlands are waaaaay slower. My only problem is the lack of games. And also its free money for god's sake.

04-19-2002, 03:08 AM
i like ACR so far. Pretty fast games, however the lack of games is botherome. however, as this site gets more well known and with its promotions, i bet that will change.

04-19-2002, 03:59 AM
Are you connecting via dialup? I use a cable modem and I've never experienced the problems you have and I've been playing at ACR for about 6 months now. I know several people who play there and haven't experienced any of the problems you have.

Bottom line, if you don't like the site just don't play there.

04-19-2002, 05:16 AM
tell me about the site, llama - is it any good?

04-19-2002, 06:26 AM
"tell me about the site, llama - is it any good?"

I'd be glad to...thanks for asking!

In my opinion, this is the best site out there, albeit a little low on players right now. Hands-down, this site has the best free promotions going. You can literally build quite a nice bankroll just by participating in all them.

The software is lightning quick and the features that come with it are great. They have just brought up their NL and PL tournaments and will have their multi-table tournaments up soon as well. There is live support from 11amEST to 5amEST and they help you with whatever you need immediately. I believe these guys to have the best support out there. Very friendly staff and players.

Let me also mention that Heads Up play is just $10 an hour at this site.

If you would like anymore info on their promotions or have any other questions, please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at llama@nycap.rr.com or check out their website at www.americascardroom.com (http://www.americascardroom.com) as I do not want to spam the forum with answering too many questions!

Oh wait...I get the joke now...you were just ribbing me by asking me about the site. What a silly LLAMA /images/wink.gif

04-19-2002, 09:28 AM
thank you llama - sounds great - but why write an ad for your site under the header of America's Worst Cardroom? Freudian slip?

ps yes - you got it in the end - i WAS ribbing you! lol! caught you that time!

04-19-2002, 10:00 AM
It's already changing. I can see the difference after only a week and the number of players from Stars that are now there is great.

Hey I have a free $200 with another 75 yet to place on sporting events just for sitting in a few tourneys.

Like Llama I am a very happy customer.

And in regards to someones post about worrying about getting money from sites that don't have a lot of players...I agree it is a worry...But I played at 4knights for a while and you couldn't get a deader place than that for a game.

I cashed out, bought my car and never looked back.

Unfortunately the site did have to make changes and join with another ( So I heard )...But I loved the joint and their great HH jackpots etc.

Any form of gambling is in short "A Gamble"

Never even played a full table cash game there as players were very thin.

But those they did have were loyal.

I find the same at ACR and I have also as Llama has done recommended the site to all my friends...NOT as Llama said....for the money...but because I would like to keep playing there as it is in my opinion a very friendly and fun place to play.

They open a new McDonalds, they advertise..it's business...It's no different on the net.

Instead of bitching back and forth on here why not check it out yourself...Each to their own as the saying goes.

You don't like it lump it. Personally I love it.

04-19-2002, 10:22 AM
have you tried pokercosmo or deltapoker, lama? tell them i recommended you to them - you'll love'em both, i'm sure

04-19-2002, 10:56 AM
LMAO....LL keep up the good work!

04-19-2002, 01:17 PM
Some comments about ACR

I will also agree with llama that the site is very good because of the free money and the games.

If llama says he has built up a bankroll playing there, then great, because he is not even playing that well there and he has done it. Most players are so bad there that I believe he would be a winner.

In about 2 weeks I built up $1100 there, combination of freebees and playing.

It is also a fun atmosphere.

The games are mostly going from late afternoon US time.

The software is weird but you do get used to it pretty quickly. I do believe the poster is right that the showdowns are done wrong, but I don't mind it adds up to less showdowns and it is fair for everyone. You get to see the liveones showdown cause they are in a lot of hands.

D.

04-19-2002, 05:33 PM
"If llama says he has built up a bankroll playing there, then great, because he is not even playing that well there and he has done it. Most players are so bad there that I believe he would be a winner."

Thanks, dj, for the wonderful critique on my gameplay /images/wink.gif

He does bring up a great point though. If a fish like myself can build up a nice bankroll, then I guess the promotions are that damn good!

LLAMA

04-20-2002, 01:22 AM

04-20-2002, 06:16 AM
notice how everyone who agrees with lama plays at acr?

coincidence or what?

04-20-2002, 06:28 AM
"notice how everyone who agrees with lama plays at acr?

coincidence or what?"

Starting to contradict yourself now eh? Let's use your way of judging people and assume that they are the ones who "know" me and therefore are apt to give their opinion as well because of an ignorant person such as yourself.

Starting to make sense yet?

If not, then i'll be sure to type slower for you next time...

LLAMA

04-20-2002, 06:38 AM
"notice how everyone who agrees with lama plays at acr?

coincidence or what?"

Try looking at what this thread is about...

Of course they play at ACR or else they wouldn't have an opinion to give on the subject.

I think that your coincidence just cold cocked you...

LLAMA

04-20-2002, 08:07 AM
i love your sense of humour, llava - you are so quick at understanding irony; and witty and original with your responses

it's just a pity you obviously have an abusive nature and can't accept criticism without resorting to personal insults

as aristophanes once said: "caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris."

04-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Whether we play at ACR or not isn't the issue.

I don't see anyone agreeing with you /images/smile.gif

04-20-2002, 09:31 AM
now don't you start, night maiden!

if i said you should stick lamba's head in a fire, would you agree? i certainly hope not!

04-20-2002, 10:04 AM
LOL I might but I would want to test how hot it was before I did by throwing yours in first /images/smile.gif

I just love a good BBQ

04-20-2002, 12:35 PM
you are a very weird lady, night maiden

they told me to stay away from you - now i see why

it puts a new meaning on "who are you having at your barbee?"

04-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Hahahahahaha Llama

smooch