PDA

View Full Version : does this smell of collusion?

IvyGrizzly
01-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Pacific 5+50 SnG - 9 handed - blinds 20/40

The two I'm looking at are SB and UTG+2, everyone has about their starting chips.

UTG+2 calls, SB min-raises, everyone calls, there's 6 to the flop including UTG+2 and SB.

pot 12xBB - Flop: Jd Ks 2h
SB goes all-in for twice the size of the pot, UTG+2 quickly calls, and flips over Q2o for the winning hand with a pair of twos.

This really stank to me, does it seem fishy to anyone else? I am having trouble chalking it up to horrible low buy-in play.

ChrisV
01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
lol what are you talking about? UTG+2 and SB conspired to get one of them knocked out of the tourney - that's good because, um.... and their plan if someone else behind them called with a better hand was, er... both lose?

IvyGrizzly
01-21-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol what are you talking about? UTG+2 and SB conspired to get one of them knocked out of the tourney - that's good because, um.... and their plan if someone else behind them called with a better hand was, er... both lose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of any possible reason for this call, it's so weiirdddddddddd.

The Yugoslavian
01-21-2005, 11:16 PM
If they're colluders you should be happy b/c they are really really really bad at it, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

It's just a bonehead play. Perhaps alcohol? Perhaps some guy to whom $55 means little?

Yugoslav

IvyGrizzly
01-22-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they're colluders you should be happy b/c they are really really really bad at it, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

It's just a bonehead play. Perhaps alcohol? Perhaps some guy to whom $55 means little?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, if you're the guy that made the call with a pair of twos on that board and won, you're feeling pretty good.

timprov
01-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Typical of early play in the 5.50s at Pacific, in my experience.

IvyGrizzly
01-22-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Typical of early play in the 5.50s at Pacific, in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just on fire in one of them and was covered by only one guy on the bubble. Blinds at 25/50, all limped to my BB, I had QQ, raised to 200, one caller, flop 789r, I raise to 500 (little more than the pot), get reraised all-in, and call. Dude flips over 87o, what the heck?

The Yugoslavian
01-22-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
some guy to whom $55 means little?
Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snaps, I thought your original post was about $55 SNGs on party. Well, I've never played a 5+.50 SNG but in the Party 10+1 what you saw is 'standard' and I've seen much much worse.

Yugoslav

PS You shouldn't worry about *any* collusion at the $5+.50 level. Unelss someone has 'Desdian' thoughts of 5+50 grandeur then I can't see how it's worth it.

viennagreen
01-22-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unelss someone has 'Desdian' thoughts of 5+50 grandeur then I can't see how it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hilarious /images/graemlins/smile.gif

viennagreen
01-22-2005, 05:45 AM
you'll drive yourself crazy trying to get into the head of the average $5+.5-er..