PDA

View Full Version : Too passive?

TXTiger
01-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi guys,

I have this problem of playing too passive. Maybe I'll get rid of it someday. Anyway, how would you play the hand differently? Reads: I've been at the table with utg for a while and he has played few hands and shown none. Other players new to the table with no notes. My comments at the end

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (17.66 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.83 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (16.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18.83 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Tc Th (two pair, tens and sevens).
Hero has Kc Kh (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.83 BB. </font>

My passive self says, "Look, I 4 bet preflop, raised the flop, but utg jsut doesn't care. He did not get a chance to cap preflop since it was capped to him, and I haven't seen him do anything stupid. It's very unlikely he had KK so what does he have. Most likely AA."

The button called 4 cold. So if he has AK then me not raising the turn is a horrible play that costs me the pot. One more point, would you play it differently if the button was not there. Since the pot is huge I've got to raise him out on the turn imho.

On the river bet by me: I figure if the button has an Ace he'll bet if checked to. Since I'm going to call when I'm behind in the huge pot I bet in case I was ahead. I don't think utg will fold KK but if he did that would be a nice coupe. And he's likely to call a worse pair for the big pot.

Jeffage
01-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Definitely raise the turn to shut out the button and also because you likely have the best hand and he'll call with worse hands. If he has AA, he has it. You pay off a reraise and a river bet. How you played it, the river bet is good.

Jeff