PDA

View Full Version : Annie Duke Divorce

Beavis68
01-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know the details of this? Is that why she moved to Oregon?

mostsmooth
01-21-2005, 09:06 PM
shes available!?!?! whoa!!!

Beavis68
01-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I saw some crap on RGP about her "cheatin'"

ugh - can't believe I am asking this.

slickpoppa
01-21-2005, 11:42 PM
she blew doyle

Beavis68
01-22-2005, 01:07 AM
no, that was you and yo' mama.

Beerfund
01-22-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

ugh - can't believe I am asking this.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's having my baby.

JustSomeJackass
01-22-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't even know why I opened this thread

dakine
01-22-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At "Poker?" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

youtalkfunny
01-22-2005, 07:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shes straight!?!?! whoa!!!

Luv2DriveTT
01-22-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuch. Nice enough gal.... but 4 babies will put a hurtin on anybody.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

binions
01-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Of all those snotty, eastern girls in college who wore black all the time and smoked cloves.

Rushmore
01-22-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of all those snotty, eastern girls in college who wore black all the time and smoked cloves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always LOVED those broads, because they always listened to better music than the square chicks, and I always ended up breaking their hearts so they'd REALLY have something to mope around about with their hair hanging over their eyes.

Woohoo. I induced bipolar disorder! Yeahhh!!!

lostinthought
01-22-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always LOVED those broads, because they always listened to better music than the square chicks, and I always ended up breaking their hearts so they'd REALLY have something to mope around about with their hair hanging over their eyes.

Woohoo. I induced bipolar disorder! Yeahhh!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this is what happened.

Beavis68
01-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Most of them were already bi-polar.

Rushmore
01-23-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this is what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're right, this is not what happened.

What really happened was that we'd go to her place, and sh'ed put on a Joy Division album, and we'd start messing around (all the while she'd be sort of maintaining her aloof, self-important persona), then, when she would finally drop the disconnected facade and actually lose herself a little in the sheer excitement of the situation, I would back off, telling her there were things about me that she didn't know, and that maybe it would be best if I left, etc.

Then, after she had talked me into staying (a victory in itself, yanking a woman like this out of character), we'd have some sort of gigantic sexual encounter (by now, one of the first two Cure albums is on), and then we'd go to sleep on her futon or whatever.

Then, I'd "wake up" (I had never actually gone to sleep, you know), and creep out, the dumbass candles still burning, and The Cocteau Twins playing softly in the background.

Then, I'd go home and try to figure out what to tell whatever girlfriend I had at the time (who had been originally won over the same way, incidentally). What was great about this part was that, to be honest, I didn't really give a sh*t if she believed my lame story or not.

I was a lousy guy back then, but I sure got laid a lot.

Rushmore
01-23-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of them were already bi-polar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. That's one of the reasons they were so easy to manipulate.

Woohoo! Manipulating the mentally disturbed!! Yeah, baby!!

shant
01-23-2005, 10:19 PM
How did this thread turn into your life story?

Buy a diary.

Rushmore
01-24-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How did this thread turn into your life story? Get a diary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't know it, but when a thread is dedicated to a topic that is worthless and/or meanspirited, it is not considered hijacking to throw in detailed, distracting non-sequiturs.

Dear Diary,

S. talked to me today. I never thought it would happen, but today it DID :-)!!! Someday, S. and I will be together, and THEN he'll see. I don't know how I'm going to tell D. about this. I mean, I like him a LOT, but he sure can't MOVE me the way S. does. S. has the cutest bod, and he's the smartest poker player there is (even if he DOES smell vaguely of urine). Oh, well, D. will just have to deal with it, because nothing's gonna keep us apart!

I got a C+ on my History exam. I hate Mr. Lewis.

The cheerleaders are still being mean to me. I'll kill them all.

That's all for now, diary.

RM XXooxoxoXOox

smudgex68
01-24-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing's gonna keep us apart

[/ QUOTE ]

Love will tear you apart

Rushmore
01-24-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Love will tear you apart

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I won't end up hanging from the end of a rope.

Which leads me to ask--heave you ever seen any old video of Joy Division live on stage?

If not, you should--Ian Curtis did the most hysterically-inappropriate dancing all throughout every show they ever did.

It looked like a combination of the dances Thom Yorke and Fiona freakin Apple did on SNL.

NOTE: This detour is in keeping with my earlier supposition that threads started maliciously and/or pruriently can be hijacked at any time and for any reason.

whiskeytown
01-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I agree....hijack away...

if it's a diary you want though....may I suggest a blog... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

smudgex68
01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which leads me to ask--heave you ever seen any old video of Joy Division live on stage?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only saw them live once, early 80s in London. Have you seen the film "24 hour party people", features JD and then moves on to Happy Mondays/Stone Roses etc in the Manchester late 80s scene.

Rushmore
01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only saw them live once, early 80s in London. Have you seen the film "24 hour party people", features JD and then moves on to Happy Mondays/Stone Roses etc in the Manchester late 80s scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must have been '80 or '81, right?

Anyway, no, I have not seen that film.

Did Ian Curtis do his running-in-place-looking-up-into-the-sky dance?

smudgex68
01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did Ian Curtis do his running-in-place-looking-up-into-the-sky dance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, early 80s are a bit of a blur for me now - too much speed I think. Thank god they invented X

Rushmore
01-24-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, early 80s are a bit of a blur for me now - too much speed I think. Thank god they invented X

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can only imagine what greatness I would recall if I hadn't done all that crystal and drunk all that gin.

Now, I am old.

citizennobody
01-24-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you don't know it, but when a thread is dedicated to a topic that is worthless and/or meanspirited, it is not considered hijacking to throw in detailed, distracting non-sequiturs.

Dear Diary,

S. talked to me today. I never thought it would happen, but today it DID :-)!!! Someday, S. and I will be together, and THEN he'll see. I don't know how I'm going to tell D. about this. I mean, I like him a LOT, but he sure can't MOVE me the way S. does. S. has the cutest bod, and he's the smartest poker player there is (even if he DOES smell vaguely of urine). Oh, well, D. will just have to deal with it, because nothing's gonna keep us apart!

RM XXooxoxoXOox

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO

Bill Murphy
01-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Dude, you gotta see 24HPP & get the soundtrack. Greatest soundtrack ever. You & Smudge might also like the book Glue by Irvine Welsh(author of Trainspotting). Absolutely hilarious slices of life about guys our age/interests, but beware, it's written in phonetic Scottish slang; takes a bit getting used to.

BTW that "There's stuff you don't know about me, maybe I should leave" line is pure sick genius. Did you think that one up or hear it somewhere? "Maybe we should wait til we know each other better" was also a good one.

Cocteau Twins, jesus. Ain't nothing like college in the '80s. What I wouldn't give to go back knowing a tenth what I do now....

MicroBob
01-25-2005, 03:44 AM
I dug joy Division...but never saw them in concert.

I saw the Cure in London in 1989 though...that has to count for something.

Stone Roses and Happy Mondays (and Charlatans UK) and the rest of the Manchester scene was biggest in 1989 (not 1980 or 81 as was mentioned previously).

pokerjo22
01-25-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(not 1980 or 81 as was mentioned previously).

[/ QUOTE ]

He was talking about Joy Division (at least I think so cos then he mentions Ian Curtis)

Rushmore
01-25-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ain't nothing like college in the '80s. What I wouldn't give to go back knowing a tenth what I do now....

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. You wouldn't have made half of the mistakes that eventually led to serendipitous greatness.

That's part of what made it great.

beernutz
01-25-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Diary,

RM XXooxoxoXOox

[/ QUOTE ]

That's romo. Here's real diary entry:

Went to the Mall. Met my friends. Hung out. Made fun of all the 'hip' popular kids going into Abercrombie and Fitch. Called them all sheep, then followed all the cool Goth guys into Hot Topic. I hate conformity. Later, I went to the music store and got a copy of my favorite Thrash metal band, Noise. They are [censored] hardcore. I said that outloud, and the clerk told me not to curse. I yelled '[censored] the Establishment' and walked out with my back slouched and my hands in my pockets. I tripped walking out because the chain attached from my wallet to my belt loops is so long and so massive I could tow a truck with it. After stumbling over my chain, I went to the body art place. I like it there, because they like me hate it when people judge how cool a person is by the way he or she looks. Looking different is cool. I am different. Therefore I am cool.

Bill Murphy
01-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Your point is well taken, but my mistakes were mostly those of omission rather than comission. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'd like another go at it.

BTW, 24HPP is on The Movie Channel tonight, 10pm Pacific.

sloshr
01-31-2005, 08:40 PM
She moved to Portland a long while ago to work for the software company who makes the software for Ultimatebet.

I guess my Dad heard her say on TV last night that she got divorced, that's all I know.

colgin
01-31-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have you seen the film "24 hour party people", features JD and then moves on to Happy Mondays/Stone Roses etc in the Manchester late 80s scene.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great movie!

The hijack continues.

cwsiggy
01-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Joy Division was one of the best bands ever. They had such a unique sound never to be duplicated. I heard that Ian Curtis had epilepsy, hence the wierd dancing but that's probably bogus.. Hijack continues.

#1donk
02-01-2005, 09:16 PM
that pic of annie you have as your avatar is a sad excuse.