PDA

View Full Version : question for experience online players

04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Can you list off a few sites other than paradise, planet poker and pokerstars (already have accounts there) that are legit? By this i mean, sites where you have bought in and cashed out for sizable sums of money and trust. Also list any bad features about these?

I would appreciate this a ton, I'm trying to find new games, but have heard horror stories about sites like highlands and pokerspot. How is truepoker and ultimatebet?

04-17-2002, 08:21 PM

04-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Americas Card Room is legit, I cashed out there and it was in my PayPal account by 3pm EST the next day. Have heard all good things about cashouts from other people as well.

LLAMA

04-17-2002, 08:27 PM
thanks llama, is the interface, options, speed of play etc good on americas?

anyone else with input?

appreciate it llama

04-17-2002, 08:47 PM
The software is lightning quick and the options buttons are very good as well.

If you want to shoot me an e-mail at llama@nycap.rr.com I can send you a bit more info if you'd like.

LLAMA

04-17-2002, 08:48 PM
I feel 99.999% sure about Partypoker, Truepoker, WSEX and the ones you have mentioned.

We have about half of our online BR at Highlands, we don't worry about it, but with its limited games, it has some downside. On the other hand, half of our earn comes from this site. But, we have always been edge players. Find the best games. Win money. Send for check. Worry. It's worked for us.

Have a nice day.

MS Sunshine

04-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much, I really appreciate the time you spent. I'm sure a million guys come here posting asking questions like this. LLAMA, i'm going to go ahead and email you tonight thanks.

04-17-2002, 09:02 PM
MS sunshine, when you say you have half of your online BR on highlands, is this an amount of money that would greatly affect you if something happened to it? I'm not trying to be nosy, but you also said you "worry". I have heard highlands had some problems in the past. Thanks for your time.

04-17-2002, 09:02 PM
I have found good games and been paid promptly

at poker.com .I am concerned about sites with no action and only leave a minimal amount there.

04-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Dr Bill, what limit games have you found at poker.com? 10/20 and up?

thanks for the time and response

04-17-2002, 09:38 PM
I play at poker.com also. I trust them and they pay for sure. They have games from 0,50/1$ to 20/40$ but mainly texas only. About this time there is action in most limits in between also. They have a 50$ deposit bonus for your first deposit. You can deposit 50$ and get 100$.

04-17-2002, 09:41 PM
if you have a significant online bankroll, i suggest you leave it on paypal like i do. from there you are free to deposit and withdraw on different sites as you please.

as far as the different sites go, i would trust almost any of them with a buy-in and only a couple of them with a bankroll. the smaller sites have the softest games, but also have the least action. this is the benefit of having your bankroll on paypal and money on many different sites...you can play the best game you can find on any site without a hassle.

you didn't mention your preferred game...

ultimatebet has very soft .10/.25 no limit hold em and pot limit o/8 games. 1/2 pot limit is also offered, but is a tougher game.

truepoker has the softest limit games on the web, but you can only play one game at time.

partypoker is a close second to true for softest games, but you can play multiple games and it has regular 3/6 o/8 action.

americas cardroom has the best promotions (woo hoo! free money!), but the site is a ghost town most of the time.

i haven't tried poker.com because they don't accept paypal, but i heard the games are good and they give a respectable sign up bonus to first time players.

04-17-2002, 10:34 PM
my preferred game is 10/20 or higher hold em....either short hand or full table. I'm a real fish so i'm sure whatever site I pick will have some happy customers /images/wink.gif

04-17-2002, 10:35 PM
thanks for your post peasant. It is my understanding that poker.com doesnt do paypal cash outs or buyins. Is this true? what is the most commonly used form of payment on poker.com?

thanks for your time

04-17-2002, 10:37 PM
You make a great point craacked, however sometimes people have problems cashing out even to paypal. For example I have a friend who cashed out for a large amount of money on pokerstars.com and they asked for a ton of information including his most recent utility bill, telephone bill, photocopy front and back of his credit card (he didnt even use credit card to buy in), and countless other forms of ID were required in a fax. Is this standard when one cashes out for a large sum?

04-17-2002, 10:38 PM
I dont know if its just me but in my opinion around 40 percent of people who play on the internet are either retarded or morons. In my 1 1/2 years of Internet Poker experience I have seen some god aweful things that have just made me plained pissed off.

I don't consider myself a pro by any way or means, but I do know the basic fundamanetals and stradegies of many types of live poker.

What I have seen In the past year or so was just well to put it in one word. "UNREAL".

I Have also played in live poker games and have never seen the horrioble play that I have witnissed in these interent rooms.

I have seen rediculous pre-flop raises (With 2/7 off) Bets and raises when the player is holding nothing which in my opinion is not used by these morons to steal the pot. I mean I played with one player who preflop rose ever hand he got. Now I know most of you would probly say well use their bad play to your advantage and its easier to win. Well these fishes cost myself as well as the whole table money and usually complete their hands on the river.

For this reason I have discontinued playing on the interent and have resorted to playing with people face to face where I can reach over the table and strangle them if they piss me off.

Just like to hear some of your opinions about these moronic players who sheild there real identity and play via the internet who should be banned from poker indefinately.

THANKS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

04-17-2002, 10:40 PM
this isnt entirely related to my post, however I will try to answer /images/wink.gif.

What exactly can these guys be banned for aside from stupidity? They arent really breaking any rules ya?

04-18-2002, 01:57 AM
Ultimate Bet- very fast with payouts, great customer service, constant high hand jackpots, fantastic pot limit games, small time no-limit games, quite a few games always going.

Definitely worth trying.

04-18-2002, 06:00 AM
don't forget to ask llama how much acr pays him to introduce you to play at their site

when you find out, check that llama hasn't made any accidental mistakes with the figures he has given you and then make your decision as to whether or not you should join the site

or whether you should join a site recommended by a full-time player like mssunshine, for example, who makes nothing from you unless he beats you in a fair game

04-18-2002, 09:33 AM
It is probably true. They have firepay and credit cards I think. I always use my credit card.

04-18-2002, 11:53 AM
They do not currently accept Paypal although they told me they are negotiating with them and hope to have it available as an option in 6-8 weeks.

04-18-2002, 12:58 PM
I have seen rediculous pre-flop raises (With 2/7 off)

I can remember 3 times I raised pre-folp with 7-2o in the last couple months. I am 3 for 3. Of course I have never had to show it. They folded since I played it just like the big hands I had just had earlier and they were reacting to my play; my cards didn't matter.

My point is not that you should raise 7-2 preflop (duh! don't try this at home...unless you know what you are doing). My point is you have to make plays based on your opponents style and tendencies and adjust your game. Certainly you are running into idiots, but maybe you need to adjust your game better.

Play your best,

Treefrog

04-18-2002, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys. For some reason my credit cards dont accept gaming charges. One is capital one, the other is MBNA. Is this something I can fix by just calling them up?

Ashok

04-18-2002, 01:20 PM
Ok thanks guys, I'm going to try ACR, ultimate bet, and truepoker. Highlands club didnt respond to my registration, or my subsequent emails.

I'll let you guys know in a few days what I think of the sites, not that my opinion is to be highly regarded.

Ashok

04-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Mike are you saying LLAMA's numbers aren't right?

Is the 25% buy in bonus at ACR still going?

04-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Ashok,

It seems Mike Haven is just one of those people that like to try and mislead others instead of helping them.

I can assure that everything you have asked me that I have answered correctly and regardless that if someone puts me as a referral or not I would answer them the same way if I was asked.

I guess Mike Haven just likes to try and discredit people he doesn't know for whatever reasons. Now THAT is the kind of person you should try and avoid getting answers from.

LLAMA

04-18-2002, 02:21 PM
LLAMA,

Thanks a lot for the tip about the 25% buy in bonus (up to 100 dollars for your 400 dollar buy in) for first time deposits. That's a great feature, and I spoke to the customer service and they are definitely still offering it.

Ashok

04-18-2002, 02:50 PM
I don't usually play above 5/10 online, so I've never had to move large amounts of cash on the sites. From what I've heard, transactions over $1000 are the ones that get flagged.

04-18-2002, 03:58 PM
ah ok that makes sense Craacked.

the friend who was flagged on pokerstars cashed out a large sum of money. I guess its just standard procedure.

thanks

ashok

04-18-2002, 04:33 PM
I dont know what this all about...But there is one thing i do know! LLAMA is a friend of mine. This guy tells it like it is. He might not be the best poker player, but he's got a real genuine personality...for what its worth.Take care players!

Yours truly,

3 2 1

04-18-2002, 06:16 PM
no, ashok - i'm sorry i didn't make myself clear

i was talking about spamming, or recommending sites for the purpose of receiving referral bonuses - i suggested you check with the site to see how much they pay to the person who refers you to the site - you might be surprised at the amounts involved sometimes - then you have to decide for yourself if the referral was made because it's a good site or because it's a good referral bonus to receive just for mentioning in a forum of poker players

if we all did that then the whole forum would turn into an advert and no one would respect anyone's recommendation - i think 99% of the people who post here know that, and there is an unspoken agreement not to try to advise other players unknown to us to "go to such and such a site and tell them i sent you so that they pay me $50 or so"

if you tell a real friend that you are going to receive $50, or whatever, if he plays there, i see nothing wrong with that - i have done it myself - he knows the facts, and, if it turns out to be a crap recommendation, he can punch me in the mouth

again, it's the spamming to strangers that i don't like or respect - if i saw that this site allowed it - ( and Mason, who co-owns the forum, does NOT allow it - see http://www.twoplustwo.com/cgi-bin/newforums/inet.pl?read=31640 - which was written specifically BECAUSE of llama's previous apparent attempt to spam ) - and i saw that people were receiving money off the forum's back, then, first, i would be a bit pissed, and second, i would start to think maybe i should be doing it too - others would think the same, and the site would deteriorate very quickly - after all, what better place on the internet is there to advertise a poker-orientated "product" for free, if you could get away with it?

i thought my initial post above was perfectly reasonable, factual, and sensibly advisory - i did not make any personal attack on llama - compare the content and style to the content and style of the post that llama has since made about my post

if you think that just because his recommended site is giving a bonus - (as you have mentioned - i don't know whether it is or it isn't) - then it is a good site to play at - (which, i think, was your the basis of your original post) - and that llama should make some money for recommending it - go ahead and join up - good luck

(of course, if you think I deserve the referral bonus for getting you to check how much the referral bonus is, then tell them i sent you)

04-18-2002, 07:34 PM
"which was written specifically BECAUSE of llama's previous apparent attempt to spam"

That is way off base...sorry I am "unknown" to you, but there are people that DO know me and respect my advice. I've gotten quite a few "Hey I love your posts" and have spoken with quite a few great people as well because of their seeing my posts.

I did NOT spam anything...I put up a very detailed post about all the promotions of Americas Card Room because it is my favorite site to play on and in hopes that more people would see it and come play there. My mistake was also mentioning that they can put me as a referral if they like. So what? It doesn't hurt anyone to put my name in a box, but that was NOT the reason I posted it as I REPOSTED it again and edited out anything to do with myself(which was only one line).

I answer questions all day on the site to people that already have open accounts. I take the time to explain everything they want to know so that they have a good time. Please get to know someone a bit before you imply that they are just out to get everyone.

Thanks...

LLAMA

04-18-2002, 08:38 PM
"... llama's previous apparent attempt to spam ..." >> "... That is way off base ... "

i didn't see your post - i saw that Mason, the Boss, deleted your post - that is why i said "apparent", which is not "way off base"

"... I REPOSTED it again ..."

i believe Mason, the Boss, deleted that, too?

"... I answer questions all day on the site ... "

aaah! i think i understand a little more, now - are you a paid prop on the site?

"Please get to know someone a bit"

yeah, right! that's rich coming from someone who said, in his previous post:

"It seems Mike Haven is just one of those people that like to try and mislead others instead of helping them."

where was I trying to mislead anyone??? i was giving helpful advice, imo

and

"I guess Mike Haven just likes to try and discredit people he doesn't know for whatever reasons. Now THAT is the kind of person you should try and avoid getting answers from."

charming. thank you. who was i trying to discredit? what do you have to hide or to fear from my reasonable advice to Ashok to check how much referral bonus you receive so that he can weigh up all aspects before making an obviously very important decision?

however, in conclusion, i stand by my original inference that i, personally, would prefer to take independent advice from the like of mssunshine, as against from someone who receives money for referrals and, apparently, who works as a paid prop for the site he is recommending

04-18-2002, 08:57 PM
"i believe Mason, the Boss, deleted that, too? "

Yes, he did, but only after saying that it is ok to post things about promotions. Regarding his post, I still don't see why he deleted it.

"aaah! i think i understand a little more, now - are you a paid prop on the site?"

I guess you're still as dim as you were...I am not a paid prop, just a satisfied customer.

"where was I trying to mislead anyone??? i was giving helpful advice, imo"

Sure, if you consider implying someone is out to get you being helpful. That was misleading as that was not what I was doing...the guy was asking legit questions and getting legit answers from me.

"charming. thank you. who was i trying to discredit? what do you have to hide or to fear from my reasonable advice to Ashok to check how much referral bonus you receive so that he can weigh up all aspects before making an obviously very important decision?"

I have seen him playing at ACR, why don't you ask him if he was satisfied with all my help and answers to his questions? Again you were wrong.

"however, in conclusion, i stand by my original inference that i, personally, would prefer to take independent advice from the like of mssunshine, as against from someone who receives money for referrals and, apparently, who works as a paid prop for the site he is recommending"

Well, there you go again, apparently being wrong. As I said previously, I am in NO way affiliated with ACR, not a prop, not a shill, NOTHING but a very satisfied customer.

I'm very sorry to see that you cannot understand that someone "you don't know" can actually be answering questions about a site because they LIKE it. I'm hurt...no really, I am...ignorance is bliss.

LLAMA

04-18-2002, 09:03 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about WSEX. I have had no trouble cashing out, and have gotten quick personal responses to my emails. Also, the games are pretty good. Lots of sports bettors, I suppose. They tend to be loose and a little wild, so if you don't mind the P/L swings, you can profit tidily.

04-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Well said Llama.

I have just started playing at ACR in the last week...I find it a great site....players are friendly, interface is great and the online live host is a godsend for answering questions, immediatley, that most first time players have.

Their promos are great and I have been playing on free money the whole time while my balance has now grown to over 200.

I suggest, like with anything new, get players opinions, it all helps, but in the end, just judge for yourself.

And as to Mikes comments about Llama, he is the genuine article and a great guy into the bargin.

I suggest you learn to know someone before you start insulting them and their kindness in trying to help others.

04-18-2002, 10:05 PM
I second that 321 see you at the tables /images/smile.gif

04-19-2002, 04:57 AM
ok llama - you're right - i'm wrong

mssunshine, to use a name, recommends a popular and relatively busy site or two, with no reward to him for so doing

you recommend a site which hardly has a game going most of the time, (as i write, there is one $2-$4 table going with two playeres, and one $0.50-$1 table with eight players), that pays you to do so, and you write to Ashok:

"If you want to shoot me an e-mail at llama@nycap.rr.com I can send you a bit more info if you'd like. LLAMA"

i guess you were just going to tell him the colours of the cloth and chairs by e-mail, huh? you weren't going to ask him to give your name as a reference so you could make the fee?

that's good to know - i was beginning to feel that "he argues too much"

it must be the site to play at - thank you for your altruistic recommendation

(now, you have the llast word - add some new insults about my intelligence, too, why don't you?)

04-19-2002, 06:12 AM
"you recommend a site which hardly has a game going most of the time, (as i write, there is one $2-$4 table going with two playeres, and one $0.50-$1 table with eight players)"

First off, it's 5am EST(when you posted)...most of the players play in primetime til about 2-3am of EST. While it's not that much to brag about...ALL THE MORE REASON TO TRY AND GET PLAYERS TO GO THERE!

"i guess you were just going to tell him the colours of the cloth and chairs by e-mail, huh? you weren't going to ask him to give your name as a reference so you could make the fee?"

After having my posts deleted(even ones with no reference to myself, thank you), I obviously could not post the promotion information here, so I told him I would in an e-mail...hard to grasp that concept, eh?

"it must be the site to play at - thank you for your altruistic recommendation"

Quite frankly, it is! You are very welcome!

"(now, you have the llast word - add some new insults about my intelligence, too, why don't you?)"

I get it...llast word for llama, I like the extra l. Not that you meant to do it, but finding humor in your posts is oh so easy.

Oh and btw, I don't need to get the last word in...OOPS!

LLAMA

04-19-2002, 09:36 AM
llol! no, of course i didn't mean it - cllever of you to spot it, lama

(oh dear - i knocked the l out of your name that time didn't i? - get it?)