PDA

View Full Version : Should Doyle sue? Or did he get a credit?

Easy E
01-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Because, for my money, the Matador character seems to be based somewhat on his character (and, as far as the cheating goes, ask GCA and his ilk about that!)

Remember the book signing scene from show #1?

Beavis68
01-21-2005, 07:28 PM
I feel all poker players should file a class action suit, we have all been damaged by this show.

DesertCat
01-21-2005, 08:53 PM
He stopped using "The Matador" as his nickname a long time ago...

stabn
01-21-2005, 08:55 PM
s_a_t_i_r_e

Voltron87
01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
you've got to be kidding right?

PoBoy321
01-21-2005, 11:56 PM
This show, as well as the overexposure of tournaments on TV has done more to help serious poker players than any other event in history.

It's not even close and I'll let others elaborate.

stinkypete
01-22-2005, 02:03 AM
really? i have a feeling this show has done next to nothing, so far.

Shravil
01-22-2005, 03:42 AM
The sooner you all realize the Matador is the real deal and can own anyone in this joint the better off you'll be. Every time I see his sexy greased hair and hefty stature I get a chill up and down my spine. If only he would "relieve" himself in every episode. Next time you're packing a couple pistols in your socks and are playing 6 max with a bunch of Hell's Angels in a bar on the southside of Chicago and you have Quad As, ask yourself this.. "What would baby Jesus do?". Then, and only then, will you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

RECOGNIZE

GoSox
01-22-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The sooner you all realize the Matador is the real deal and can own anyone in this joint the better off you'll be. Every time I see his sexy greased hair and hefty stature I get a chill up and down my spine. If only he would "relieve" himself in every episode. Next time you're packing a couple pistols in your socks and are playing 6 max with a bunch of Hell's Angels in a bar on the southside of Chicago and you have Quad As, ask yourself this.. "What would baby Jesus do?". Then, and only then, will you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

RECOGNIZE

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, what a first post. Don't forget to take your little blue pill today.

woodguy
01-22-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This show, as well as the overexposure of tournaments on TV has done more to help serious poker players than any other event in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moneymaker winning the big one caused the inital exponential growth of the fish population.

Everything else is a byproduct.

Regards,
Woodguy

Voltron87
01-22-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Moneymaker winning the big one caused the inital exponential growth of the fish population.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Woodguy speaks the truth.

GreywolfNYC
01-22-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

You're both right.

gummy d
01-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Easy E.
I've been thinking the same thing but was too scared of the flaming to post it. Of course, I don't know if Doyle cheated or not. I would sincerely like to think that he did not but one never knows. Them Binions is kind a shady..
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Easy E
01-26-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm not the only one- from Jay L's latest ESPN article online- an email that hints at the same thing:

<font color="blue">"Had a few thoughts on your "Tilt" column. I think a few things that you mentioned are really just a reflection of true people in the poker community. First, as to the winning hands that were played by The Matador (and Eddie), this seems to be a reflection of the fact that the writers are very into Brunson's "Super/System" (featured in a few spots in "Rounders"), and are simply just using his theory of how to play small suited connectors, i.e. call small bets and raises (or preferably raise yourself) in hopes of getting a flop to bust the guy who obviously has a hand, or a flop to bluff him with. In other words, invest a small amount to win a large amount. The Matador, "the guy that wrote the book on poker," got Nickel to check the best hand on the flop with a great read and a little trickery in order to get a free shot at hitting his double-belly buster, a move that Doyle would have loved."</font>

djoyce003
01-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe he can get 8 grand, 9 if he's had chili

asofel
01-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he can get 8 grand, 9 if he's had chili

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was Doyle eatin chili, I'd bet he'd need closer to 90...

SuitedSixes
01-27-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Woodguy speaks the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87 speaks the truth.

MasterShake
01-27-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

RECOGNIZE

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO