PDA

View Full Version : lame news stories

daryn
01-21-2005, 06:48 PM
i hate this crap. like during the election, they found a guy named kerry dean edwards, and interviewed him for no reason. he was just somme hick farmer. how exciting!

now today, they do a story on this guy from Boston, Pennsylvania, named Tom Brady. how dumb.

dr. klopek
01-21-2005, 06:58 PM
Stop watching the news.

daryn
01-21-2005, 07:09 PM
i hate tv, except for adult swim.

other people in my house however feel like they have to watch the news every day. i don't get it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Zoltri
01-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Daryn, you are too tense brother.
Lighten up with a funnier side to the end of the world.

LINK (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/endofworld.html) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
01-21-2005, 07:11 PM
i think i have seen that before but i hated it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

seriously though i am the opposite of tense.

judgesmails
01-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Sounds like every local "news" story I have ever seen. The local news, in any city, is the most worthless drivel in existance. They trot out the same crap periodically and repackage it.

I can't wait for the story about Super Bowl mayors wagering garbage with each other over the game. The story every spring about water useage (Vegas). The story every summer about "global warming". Blah, blah, blah. Enough already.

It would be just tragic if these lazy idiots in news rooms ever took the time to actually investigate a current political event or issue that impacted citizens.

daryn
01-21-2005, 07:13 PM
yeah hahaha

I MAYOR MENINO WILL WAGER A POT OF BOSTON BAKED BEANS AGAINST WHATEVER CRAP YOU HAVE IN PITTSBURGH.

AngryCola
01-21-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that before. It's okay. It has it's moments.

The only part that made me actually laugh was when he was talking about the meteor changing directions.

"The meteor was like- fuk that!"

Toro
01-21-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah hahaha

I MAYOR MENINO WILL WAGER A POT OF BOSTON BAKED BEANS AGAINST WHATEVER CRAP YOU HAVE IN PITTSBURGH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Menino isn't that fcuking smart to only offer a pot of beans. He always puts up lobsters against whatever crap the other cities mayor is offering.

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that was funy.

Tron
01-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Global warming impacts me, as a snowboarder and such.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-21-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Global warming impacts me, as a snowboarder and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the worlds avg temp has raised like 1 in the last 100 years, 1998 being the hottest.

Tron
01-21-2005, 10:09 PM
That's much more than enough to make a noticeable impact.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-21-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's much more than enough to make a noticeable impact.

[/ QUOTE ]

what that means is, 100 years ago it was on avg 1 degree or so cooler. So in your lifetime we have seen less of an avg shift. In fact, the hottest year was like 7 years ago.

So if your still snowboarding in 100 years, it might be another 1 degree hotter.

istewart
01-21-2005, 10:28 PM
daryn, just put down the National Enquirer when you're in line at Stop N Shop.

deacsoft
01-21-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop watching the news.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed!

Tron
01-21-2005, 11:08 PM
What's your point? The hotter it is, the less snow there is, whether it's 1 degree or 10. That's all I'm saying.

wacki
01-21-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate TV except discovery/history channel.
TV is for movies. I've never watched adult swim. Is it any good?

Tablerat
01-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Ohh, but in L.A., the news directors have figured out how to still show the lame stories without you even noticing. I present you one smokin' weatherwoman doing some sweet coverage.

Check out the Dallas Reunion video (still don't know what it was about) and her first weather forecast for kicks. "Hugging the coast all day long." Mmmmmmmm ... This is what makes the news watchable!

And you just might miss her sacrilegious blunder in her first forecast spot.

Enjoy!
Jackie Johnson videos (http://kcal9.com/bios/local_bio_275193307.html)

daryn
01-21-2005, 11:12 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate TV except discovery/history channel.
TV is for movies. I've never watched adult swim. Is it any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

adult swim is gold, except for all the anime.

i like discovery too, and animal shows.

brassnuts
01-21-2005, 11:17 PM
I used to like Discovery Channel a lot more. Now, I usually stick to Discovery Science Channel. Discovery has made the same transition that TLC made a few years ago, to gay home decorating shows during the day. Now, during the night hours, Discover Channel should just be called the American Chopper channel.

daryn
01-21-2005, 11:21 PM
yeah, i avoid all those american chopper-esque shows like the plague.

brassnuts
01-22-2005, 12:25 AM
You guys might find me weird for this, but what I've actually just started to watch tennis. I've never really played tennis or been into it, but I've been following the Ausie Open and finding it pretty entertaining.

daryn
01-22-2005, 01:00 AM
i watch tennis sometimes. it's the kind of thing you gotta "get into".. you know. i played tennis in HS though.

JoeC
01-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Was this on CNN Headline News??

I have nothing against them, but along with their actual news stories they tend to mix in some absolutely irrelevant [censored]. Sometimes it's funny and sometimes you just shake your head and wonder what that [censored] is doing on national TV.

deacsoft
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i watch tennis sometimes. it's the kind of thing you gotta "get into".. you know. i played tennis in HS though.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn, it's time to stop. This is getting creepy. We both play drums, love Paerl Jam's "Ten", played tennis in HS, play poker, post on 2+2, and hate and or are sick of the news. Am I forgetting anything?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-22-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your point? The hotter it is, the less snow there is, whether it's 1 degree or 10. That's all I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is; the temp difference in a specific area can vary by a few degrees. However, it is only the AVG temp that has risen, and it was only 1 degree and it was over 100 years. THE SNOW WILL BE THERE!!!! and i would too if i didnt assume i would just fall on my ass every 3 mins.

wacki
01-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Both of you guys have are damn near clueless about global warming. (Despite my numerous posts in the OOT and politics forums) BTW stop hijaking daryns thread.