PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts...

kurto
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
I was playing a PS $5.5 SitNGo. I believe the BB was $300. (I believe there was an ante too, but I forget the structure)

I had been in 2nd place until my AK and pocket 10s were beat and now I was being blinded out.

There's only 5 players left (2 have to go out for the money) and I'm now the low stack with around $1100. At this point, there's little limping. A lot of "All-in - Fold" happening.

I'm UTG with Pocket Aces. Here's my thoughts... If I go all in, there's a high percentage that everyone folds. This is likely the best hand I will have in a while and I'm about to be enter the BB. So, If I just win the blinds, I will give all that back the next 2 hands in the blinds. So I decide the best thing I can do is slowplay, hopeful for a raise (which I reraise all-in) or limpers,.. then go all in post flop. So I make the minimum bet of $300.

The button limps, the SB complete, the BB checks.

FLOP- 3-J-J.

Both blinds check to me. I know if there's a jack out there I'm virtually dead... but I also know that if I fold here, after the blinds, (assuming I don't get anything) I'll have $350 and have 3 hands to hit anything or I'm out. So I might as well go for it now, right? A jack being the only card I fear...

So I go all-in, folds to the SB who shows a J-7... and I'm out.

I don't want to be results oriented. I know that if I went all in, I would likely have won the blinds uncontested... but 2 hands later would be back in the same position. By limping, I had the opportunity for my aces to win 3BB instead of 1.5BB.

Does my play make sense? SHould I have just gone all in preflop or, since I'm so lowstacked and the blinds so high (relative to my stack), do I HAVE to maximize my potential and give the other players a chance to limp in or raise me?

sofere
01-21-2005, 05:58 PM
It would be interesting to know the other stack sizes, but regardless...your at less than 4xbb, your open-pushing ANY TWO! If I see 72o UTG, I'm probably pushing. Its tempting to slowplay those aces, but your better off risking just getting the blinds cause you would've given yourself that much more fold equity for the next time you push.

Since you did just call, you have no choice but to push the flop.