PDA

View Full Version : Using information you gave away by accident to your advantage

morgan180
01-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I was in a UB $20 MTT last night when I was in CO+2 at a very tight table. I hadn't stolen yet that orbit when I was dealt Kh9h and with 10x BB I pushed. I was extremely confident that everyone would fold as the blinds were medium stacks that had only been playing top hands, and we were nearing the bubble so they had tightened up even more. Unfortunately I forgot to take in to consideration that the button had only 3x BB left and of course he called all-in and the blinds folded.

With his all-in I had to show my Kh9h which beat his Qs3c. So now people in the blinds have seen me push with sh*t in a steal attempt.

How do I use this image? Raise with premium hands as I know I'll get played back at? Take an orbit off from stealing? What adjustments to you make when you've just been uncovered as a laggy stealer? And how long do you stick with them?

Edit to say that I didn't take in to consideration the button's stack before my bet, bad, bad.

schwza
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
i usually say "ok, tighten up now" and then steal the next hand from MP with 46o. i'm quite a disciplined player.

oh, and don't steal from super-short BB's.

housenuts
01-21-2005, 05:48 PM
sometimes i'll try another steal right away. then that seriously etches in their head that you are a loose player. then you can tighten up but they'll have you pegged as loose, and will play back at your premium hands. if you tighten up right away after your attempted steal, they won't necessarily see you as loose.