PDA

View Full Version : How I see Mason Malmuth (Long)

04-17-2002, 09:21 AM
Kinda like a sport official. They're not gonna please everyone at the same time. Sometimes, we love 'em, sometimes we hate 'em. But the game can't go on with out 'em.

We can voice our opinion and he urges us to do so.

Like Mason said in one of his recent replies:

"There are many factors I have to consider when making the decisions that I do. Unfortunately you're not aware of all of them and I can't share all of them with you. I try to make the best decisions that I can based on the information I have available".

IMO Mason does this.

He also stated:

"These forums aren't perfect, and I am certainly not a perfect moderator. But we must be doing something right. The success of these forums is far more than we ever expected, and many people have/are benefitting from them".

I would have to agree with this as well.

To LLAMA, /images/smile.gif and Mason...I did read the post below by EKM with the subject "ACR: The Bottom Line". This appears to be someone persuading viewers to try ACR and to use his name as a reference for personal gain. I would think that Mason may not have read it yet. Can he (or does he) possibly read every single thread there is? I doubt it. Or should we really expect him to?

I have seen posters on occassion write an awareness note in the subject line when they thought he didn't view something that they thought was out of line.

I see you did it LLAMA as "NEW: Mason a hypocrite? (views: 15)

LLAMA -- Wednesday, 17 April 2002, at 4:51 a.m."

Feel better now?

With all the bashing that Mason takes as a proprietor and as an individual, not once have I read him get out of line with his language. Why? I'm sure it's not because he doesn't think it! If he did, hell somebody might sue him for public slander. That somebody would most likely be someone like you /images/smile.gif! In fact he signs off with

"Best Wishes" (even to you /images/smile.gif) on virtually all his posts and replies. But it's ok for you to make public written statements like "I'd think you were a freaking asshole!! (IMO) of course....". Yes of course it's your opinion, we knew that by the tone of your post already.

And Mason did commend Ms. Sunshine for the great job they were doing and wished everyone a good time. He even voluntarily donated 3 books without being asked. After it was over he again commended Ms. Sunshine and said he hoped everyone enjoyed themselves. Yes, he did make a public statement that this was not a 2+2 sponsored function. I think that was to give credit where credit was due and to also to protect his liability. I would have done the same thing and I believe most business owners would agree.

This forum is like any business. There's another one just around the corner. If I don't care for the way a business is run or the way I'm treated...well, I can go right down the street and get a haircut from someone else.

KC50

04-17-2002, 10:58 AM
...how Mason reacts to the post you referred to below by EKM..."ACR:The Bottom Line".

Well said KC.

04-17-2002, 11:21 AM

04-17-2002, 12:17 PM
"Like Mason said in one of his recent replies:

"There are many factors I have to consider when making the decisions that I do. Unfortunately you're not aware of all of them and I can't share all of them with you. I try to make the best decisions that I can based on the information I have available"."

I would truly like to know at least a fraction of what the factors are in the decision making of deleting some posts and then leaving others with the same exact content. It just doesn't make sense to me how people can rant and rant about a site(to me that's blatant anti-advertisement) and that's ok, but they can't make people aware of promotions without fear of their post being deleted. If you ask me, i'd rather have the positive posts then all the negative ones.

"He also stated:

"These forums aren't perfect, and I am certainly not a perfect moderator. But we must be doing something right. The success of these forums is far more than we ever expected, and many people have/are benefitting from them".

I would have to agree with this as well."

Yes, i'll tell you what he did right...the same thing IGN Vault did for online gaming(Major Multiplayer Online Gaming), they were one of the first to put up a messageboard about the specific subject. When asked where to go to discuss things, the choice was simple, there was only one. Hard to sway the masses to move to a better place once they have lived there for years no matter how bad it gets. Just because people come here to post about poker does not necessarily mean they are interested in 2+2 publishing.

"To LLAMA, and Mason...I did read the post below by EKM with the subject "ACR: The Bottom Line". This appears to be someone persuading viewers to try ACR and to use his name as a reference for personal gain. I would think that Mason may not have read it yet. Can he (or does he) possibly read every single thread there is? I doubt it. Or should we really expect him to?"

Of course I expect him to...that's one of the jobs as a moderator. I have been and am a moderator for other message boards(some with 10x the volume here) and one of the duties is to skim through ALL the posts. He put up a message board here and I expect him to moderate it the same exact way for all users. If he doesn't(which he OBVIOUSLY doesn't), then he is nothing more then a hypocrite and certainly not a good moderator.

"I have seen posters on occassion write an awareness note in the subject line when they thought he didn't view something that they thought was out of line.

I see you did it LLAMA as "NEW: Mason a hypocrite? (views: 15)

LLAMA -- Wednesday, 17 April 2002, at 4:51 a.m."

Feel better now?"

No, I don't even feel slightly better. I feel like a big chump that was just taken advantage of for personal amusement.

In closing, i'm not here to bash Mason, I just feel I was very unfairly treated and I have no idea why. I didn't do anything that many others did not do before me and even AFTER me. They were treated very differently then me about the same subject. As a matter of fact, I took out the time to make a very long and very detailed post about ALL the promotions of ACR, not just a quick little quip to put my name in lights.

I was told this wasn't appropriate because of said reasons:

"It is our policy at www.TwoPlusTwo.com (http://www.TwoPlusTwo.com) to keep the posts on these forums free of blantant ads even though we encourage exchange of information about current promotions that different sites may have. Furthermore, it is fine with us if site representatives answer questions in an attempt to clarify the information.

Recently we have had a new type of ad/post appear which we have deemed to be unacceptable. It is a post from an individual describing the promotions on a particular site, asking for people to come to the site and give it a try, and then asking that you submit a code which identifies that you were recruited by this person so that he can get some sort of comission or credits (probably) based on how much you play.

We consider this practice unethical (and have turned down sites that have offered us similar deals) and will delete any posts that we see that come under this model.

Best wishes,

Mason"

I then edited out all the comments pertaining to myself(Note: Only one sentence that said you can put me down as a referral) and reposted with just the information on the promotions, it was deleted AGAIN, even after I was JUST told it was ok to exchange information on promotions. This NEW post had NOTHING to do about me at all.

Then there was another poster asking questions about ACR...in fear of getting another post deleted I said in a reply that he can feel free to e-mail me(that way it didn't have to be here for Mason to look at) and I would send him all the information I had posted. I then told him if he didn't want to do that, he could also go to their website and I left the URL for him...

That post was deleted as well.

Is Mason a poor moderator? Is Mason a hypocrite? I guess that's up to you to answer for yourself, I know I certainly have answered it for myself.

LLAMA

04-17-2002, 12:29 PM
You are right in a way!! But public slander to a /images/smile.gif LMAO LMAO This is a pretty open forum I've seen alot of bashing here and many good post but what would you expect???? If Mason told me I was an asshole....Gee I dont know what I'd do "crawl under a rock????" Come on Man...I can take it just as good as I can give it!! LMAO

I'm sure Mason has been through much worse...isnt that right Mr Mason???

And if ya gonna Quote me KC make sure you do so properly....I said for a newbie coming here "ID THINK" keyword....was a freaking asshole!!

Remember I stated towards the end about not saying what I really thought of Mr Mason????

Gee Man another day in Paradise....Over and Out!! /images/smile.gif

04-17-2002, 01:19 PM
"In closing, i'm not here to bash Mason, I just feel I was very unfairly treated and I have no idea why. I didn't do anything that many others did not do before me and even AFTER me. They were treated very differently then me about the same subject. As a matter of fact, I took out the time to make a very long and very detailed post about ALL the promotions of ACR, not just a quick little quip to put my name in lights."

LLAMA,

Your thoughts are well taken. You apparently feel that Mason's explanations on the subject are somewhat generic and would like the specifics pertaining to you.

Might I suggest you e-mail Mason so you may discuss this with him off the forum. I have emailed him on a few occasions and he's always been very congenial in replying.

Mason, if you read this, I apologize if you think I may have stepped outside the lines by suggesting this.

KC50

04-17-2002, 01:46 PM
Ok, it looks like your overall tone may have lead me to misunderstand the literal sense of some things you said.

If you can do that while playing poker, you'd be very tough to read....man!

/images/smile.gif

KC50

04-17-2002, 03:20 PM

04-17-2002, 03:57 PM