PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Server Shutdown

04-17-2002, 04:35 AM
The last time Paradise had a scheduled server shutdown for maintenance while I was playing on their site, they began giving multiple warning messages to its players around 25 minutes in advance.

When PartyPoker has a scheduled server shutdown, they give no warning other than to announce that at the conclusion of the CURRENT hand, the games will cease. They also seem to wait until I post my small blind to shutdown the servers! I have lost a significant sum at Party due to their frequent surprise server shutdowns after I've posted blinds.

The difference between how Paradise and Party handle this situation reflects their attitude toward customer service (or in Party's case, nonservice). How much warning do other sites give for scheduled server shutdowns?

04-17-2002, 04:48 AM
I should not have written that Party has "frequent" server shutdowns since I don't know the frequency...I may have just been unlucky to have been playing when shutdowns occurred. Sorry. [I tried asking their live support about the frequency of server shutdowns, but was unable to elicit a clear answer.]

How often do sites shutdown their servers for maintenance?

04-17-2002, 11:51 AM
I remember it once at PokerStars over the past five months or so. I was playing a tournament and play picked up right where it left off after they came back up.

Troy