PDA

View Full Version : 10,9 sooted I got a little carried away I think.

KHALI
01-21-2005, 04:36 PM
At what point should I have bailed out of this hand.

Paradise 2/4 table seems pretty solid and not aggressive(or overly at all). This is a full table so all players not noted are folded obviously.

Hero is BB with 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif,9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG+1 raises, Mid calls, Button calls , Hero calls. Pot is $17

Call here is definitely warranted considering other in pot? If nobody called would you fold here instead of playing it heads up or is it still worth it?

Flop 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif (giving me bottom of OESD no flush possiblity)

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Mid raises, Button folds, Hero calls(bad call here? pot is now $23, I call $4 which is better than 5-1 but should I fold?)
UTG three bets, Mid caps, Hero calls

Here is my question. At this point do I consider all the money I tossed in pot as gone and now I have to call $4 more to have a 5-1 shot at winning $35 or do I have to consider it $8 to win the total minus my additional money? I called thinking I would definitely get paid if I hit and that I was probably against two made hands.

Turn is K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, Mid raises, Hero calls(raise here?) , UTG+1 three bets(ty), Mid calls, Hero caps, all call.

River 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Mid calls, Hero(worries about backdoor flush on overcards) calls. Weak right?

UTG+1 turns over QQ
Mid turns over KJ

Hero wins pot and gets blasted by other players. How bad was this play on the flop? I knew it was a bit loosey but how out of line is it and when do you give it up? Do you always fold a draw to two bets on flop if only two players? Are my calculations on the pot odds out of line?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Preflop: good
Flop: fine, you can also bet it if you like. Don't fold for two cold at either point here.
Turn: I'd check/3-bet when it gets back to you.
River: fine

Nice hand.

Hallett
01-21-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: good
Flop: fine, you can also bet it if you like. Don't fold for two cold at either point here.
Turn: I'd check/3-bet when it gets back to you.
River: fine

Nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Exactly.