PDA

View Full Version : Absolute poker

EddieMoney22
01-21-2005, 04:20 PM
I have played on party for the past year and have really enjoyed it. however I wanted to try something new so I joined Absolute poker last night. I must say IMO it does not even compare to PP. Does anyone have a site they recommend that is as good or better than PP.

Beavis68
01-21-2005, 04:28 PM
what buy-in are you playing, and what do you mean by as good or better than party? what aspects of party do you like? and if you like why are you looking for a change?

Laughingboy
01-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Compare in what sense? PP has the most fish, but its software is crap. Poker Stars software is superior, plus it has better tourney formats IMO, but the general consensus is that the competition is tougher. I play Stars almost exclusively, though, and have been very successful in the 33s.

UB also has better software, but doesn't offer enough SNGs for me.

Hope this helps.

Sean

Laughingboy
01-21-2005, 04:31 PM
I should also add that Stars has the best customer service out of any site I've played at. They promtly and thoroughly investigate any suspected fraud, and give you a full discussion of why they came to the decision they did. In one case, I nailed someone for obvious chip-dumping, and their account was deleted. In another, I suspected it, but Stars' report of their investigation and negative conclusion satisfied me.

EddieMoney22
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks, I was basically looking for improved software with about the same competition. I play mostly 20 + 2 and MTT tourny's. The reason I changed was I saw the avertisment to win a seat to the WSOP so I decided to join and check it out. I sat down at a 9 person table, a $26 table and it took 20 minutes to fill the table. I thought the software was very poor but so was the competition. I won the single table and now I will play the MTT to try to win my way in, but after that I will be looking for another site to win my way in. I will try Poker stars. Thanks for the advice.