PDA

View Full Version : Probably already here but I couldn't find it so...NFL Poll

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Who'll win?

RogerZBT
01-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Philly's defense is probably too good for even Atlanta's running game to overcome, although if Vick REALLY showed up, there's no defense that could stop him.

Pitt basically lost last week's game to the mediocre Jets, has a rookie QB and they're playing NE in January. There's no way I'm picking them.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-21-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they're playing NE in January.

[/ QUOTE ]
The game's in Pittsburgh.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pitt basically lost last week's game to the mediocre Jets, has a rookie QB and they're playing NE in January. There's no way I'm picking them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You or anyone else, which is probbaly why this'll be a serious overlay. Last week might've just been Ben's bad week, working out the butterflies, etc. and he's ready for a good game. Brady got his lousy week out of his system a couple of weeks back against Miami. I'm not saying they'll win, but maybe.

lapoker17
01-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm a Philly fan, and our run defense blows.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Philly fan, and our run defense blows.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, but you've got great cover guys and Atlanta has a lousy passing game. You can cover them man-to-man and put everyone else in the box.

lapoker17
01-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, you're right - I was specifically responding to this:

[ QUOTE ]
Philly's defense is probably too good for even Atlanta's running game to overcome

[/ QUOTE ]

RogerZBT
01-21-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Playing NE" as in playing against NE, not at NE.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Playing NE" as in playing against NE, not at NE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good call - I read too quickly. Sorry 'bout that.

Edge34
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Philly and Pittsburgh. The all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl in Jacksonville, FL.

Atlanta has a chance, but Philly got their warmup game against the Vikes last weekend. If they can make Vick beat them throwing, as all the "experts" say, Atlanta's gonna have a tough time.

New England faces the Steelers in Pittsburgh, a fact most people are ignoring. Its been a long time since the Steelers had a realistic chance to take it all, and this is gonna have the entire city in a frenzy. The Pitt D will pressure Brady a lot more than the Colts (and we all saw how close Freeney got numerous times). Plaxico and Hines Ward are one of the better receiving tandems in the league, and Antwaan Randle El (a fellow Hoosier) can come up big on 3rd down and special teams. It'll probably come down to offenses since the defenses are both fantastic, and in that case, I'll take the black and gold.

Corey Dillon < Jerome Bettis and Duce Staley /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Toro
01-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Edge, you're so inconsistent. The Patriots dominated your beloved two time MVP last week, a fact you completely ignore. Pick with your head, not your heart.