PDA

View Full Version : QTo in SB. Tell me how I suck

ghostface
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Not having a good January and I feel like its because of hands like this. What can you say about my play here? This is villains second hand at the table to PT stats on him.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
If he's not overaggressive, bet the river and fold to a raise. Otherwise I think you played this hand OK.

ghostface
01-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Would this hand be better suited to c/c c/c bet with and fold to a river raise?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Not when you're 4-handed to the flop. You actually WANT Villain to raise the flop with overs/JJ/TT and clear out the players behind you.

cold_cash
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
I'd be more inclined to stop and go this turn with the spade draw out there.

If he's got an overpair he'll raise and you can fold, but if he's on AK or a spade draw (or both) he'll probably just call, and you avoid giving out a free card.

If he just calls the turn bet I'd check and hope he bluffs at the river.

(This is all assuming MP2 still folds the turn.)