PDA

View Full Version : Ad Policy

04-16-2002, 03:35 PM
It is our policy at www.TwoPlusTwo.com (http://www.TwoPlusTwo.com) to keep the posts on these forums free of blantant ads even though we encourage exchange of information about current promotions that different sites may have. Furthermore, it is fine with us if site representatives answer questions in an attempt to clarify the information.

Recently we have had a new type of ad/post appear which we have deemed to be unacceptable. It is a post from an individual describing the promotions on a particular site, asking for people to come to the site and give it a try, and then asking that you submit a code which identifies that you were recruited by this person so that he can get some sort of comission or credits (probably) based on how much you play.

We consider this practice unethical (and have turned down sites that have offered us similar deals) and will delete any posts that we see that come under this model.

Best wishes,

Mason

04-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Thank you for responding and doing so very quickly. I am sorry if I offended you with my post...it was not my intention.

I truly am not affiliated in any way with the site I was giving information on and I guess my mistake in the entire post was asking to be a referral.

I had alot of good information in that post and it took quite awhile to write out...let me ask you...would it be acceptable to post something like that if I didn't ask to be a referral?

04-16-2002, 03:52 PM
He stated in the first post that information about promotions was fine, but trying to make money from asking others to be your referral is not fine as it tends to turn boards into a big spam-fest of useless repeated posts about promotions.

04-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Ok, just wanted to make 100% positive before I posted again with some critical editing.

Thanks,

LLAMA

04-16-2002, 04:13 PM

04-16-2002, 04:15 PM
You just got me in trouble with Mason AGAIN /images/wink.gif

04-16-2002, 04:20 PM
This is from Mason's Post

"we encourage exchange of information about current promotions that different sites may have."

04-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Yup, I reposted with absolutely nothing regarding myself in it and only strict information and it was deleted again.

Then I look and see that big "No!" from Mason...

04-16-2002, 06:56 PM

04-16-2002, 11:34 PM
LLama you didnt do anything wrong!! not something I havent seen others do plenty.....Mason must have his favs!! or just had a bad day!! What No SEX again Mason??? You poor guy.... LMAO

One more thing Mr Mason why I'm at it...I think MS Sunshine did an awesome job promoting the 2+2 HU tourny also promoting YOUR FORUM there was alot of talk about 2+2 from people who never heard of it and now have....Which in my mind would be in your best interest....and all I kept seeing from you WAS I have nothing to do with it...2+2 had nothing to do with it....So I'm wondering if thats what all the new people wanted to hear from you and your Forum.If I just heard about 2+2 from the HE tourny an came here and seen how everyday posters here support Your Forum better then you do...I'd think you were a freaking asshole!! (IMO) ofcourse....

Pretty Sad I think

And I wont even begin to say what I really think of you!!! lol

And please respond....I just gotta know what you were thinking!! /images/smile.gif

04-17-2002, 08:34 AM
respond to such an inflammatory post? I was actually the first person on this forum to post about ACR and ask for referrals. I was suprised to see it wasn't deleted to tell you the truth.