PDA

View Full Version : Paradise WSOP Promo

04-16-2002, 12:19 PM
Anyone else annoyed at the Paradise WSOP promotion format? Seems like the only way to win would be to play around the clock, so only pros with no day job or anglers with 3 guys working the same account have a chance. Which means I have no chance, b/c I can only play a few hours max per day. And it's a cool prize package, too!

04-16-2002, 12:33 PM
Yep- very annoying. Don't know how this benefits them. Usually promotions brings new players, old players returning for another shot. This one is geared for 24-7 players.

04-16-2002, 12:35 PM
I also think it is an awesome prize and I intend to win it. Their Session A goes straight through the weekend so I can play all day Saturday and Sunday and partially on the other days. Since it matters more how you do in a tournament than how many tournaments you play I don't think the guy with the most tournaments played will necessarily qualify. For example, some players can play 10 tournaments and they will not get the 5 points that I will get for winning a single $50 tournament.

The Championship day is on a weekend as well so I will be going full tilt. I'm already planning what to do with the $2 million and all the fame /images/smile.gif

04-16-2002, 01:42 PM
I like your attitude Jonathon and you make a very good point about it's not how many tournaments you play, but how well you do in the ones you do play. It also doesn't matter if you finish 1st or 25th, just so long as you qualify for the final day. Even though us working stiffs are at a disadvantage, skill and experience can still get you to the final day. I've found out no matter what the structure is in a tournament, someone will always complain, instead of making up a game plan to succeed!

04-16-2002, 02:27 PM
And the low limit tournies are what to play round the clock...

$110 spent, ONE $100 T for 4 points, or 10 $10 Ts for 30 points (3x10)....obviously. Weird system, makes for ALOT of action in T's for PP.

Why doesnt PP just have multitable tournies, and then run some satelite's-super satelites.

04-16-2002, 03:35 PM
If I enter 200 tournaments and place in 33% of them and you only have a chance to play 50 tournaments but place in 100% of them whose going to win?

It's fairly obvious you're a much better tournament player than me, but for some reason I beat you in "points".

04-16-2002, 03:37 PM
This is not a promotion. Paradise is going to make bank off this.

The prize package total is about 30,000. Each tournament generates a minimum of 10 bucks, and more at higher stakes. They have a total of 22 days which will be a frenzy of tournament play.

Anyone care to do the math? I'm tired.

04-16-2002, 03:39 PM
This is true, but if you play in 4 times the tournaments than I do, I would say hats off to you for your determination and respectable performance.

I would wish you the best of luck in Las Vegas as I think you would deserve to go ahead of me.

04-16-2002, 04:06 PM
Why would you wish me luck and think I deserve to go ahead of you?

The only aspect I beat you in was the fact that I had more free time to play than you did. You obviously did better overall than I did because you placed in the money in 100% of the events you entered. Just because you have a life outside poker and I don't doesn't mean I deserve to win an event like this.

A casual player has absolutely 0 chance of making it to a championship table because of this set-up.

04-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Why doesnt PP just have multitable tournies, and then run some satelite's-super satelites.

because yer fat hehe!