PDA

View Full Version : The Heads Up/Shorthanded Forum

RainDog
01-21-2005, 02:44 PM
To my surprise I have found that the advice given in that forum is often incorrect. People have the right ideas, but they apply their book knowledge to games or situations that do not fit Sklansky (or whomever) methodology because of the unique games one finds online. This of course makes me happy because the winning players that often post there still make a lot of erroneous decisions. Which in turn means my territory will not yet be overrun by superior intellects anytime soon. I find better advice here in the internet forums, yet I still think the truly good players are few and far between and most are just profiting on the sheer stupidity of those that are flooding into these sites. Not that I'm a "truly good player", but I believe I'm at least in the top 20 percentile of posters. Or maybe I'm just one of those with an over inflated image and it will all come crashing down on me. Oh well, I'm fine for the time being. Well, to be honest...this isn't entirely true. I should be a lot better off. I have this horrible tendency to play outside of my bankroll limits. I get in some pretty shady situations blowing my entire bankroll in a short session of Pokerroom 50/100 (or wherever). I've yet to have a good high limit run...and as an unlucky individual I hope to refrain from such limits until I can meet the 300xBB requirement. Wouldn't that be nice? 30,000? I'll have to stop spending so frivolously.

Isura
01-21-2005, 03:00 PM
What is the purpose of this post?

Dilbert
01-21-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the purpose of this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants to whine about how unlucky he is at high limits, while bragging about how good a player he is.

Loser. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Big Mac
01-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Your intellect and superior poker prowess shines about the same shade as my chapped fat ass.

___1___
01-21-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He wants to whine about how unlucky he is at high limits, while bragging about how good a player he is.

Loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, Ding, Ding! A specific example (yes, just one) would be nice...

___1___

RainDog
01-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm just waiting on a withdrawal to go through...so I'm basically sitting around all day. Between Warcraft sessions, I suppose I'm making nonsense posts. The purpose was to be optimistic and say that online poker isn't going to be killed by the onflux of 2 + 2 ers. Then yes, I went off on some whining tangent. It wasn't really intended to be that way, but I reckon' that was the result. I now lend you my rear...flog me mercilessly

RainDog
01-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Actually, the true purpose of this post was to start a war. I am now working on several posts for the SH forum about how horrible the advice I get in the internet forum is. And then I'm going to start spreading rumors about other posters slandering eachother and generally do everything I can to cause a ruckus. BTW, Blackjack called Grannymae fat.