PDA

View Full Version : paypal

04-16-2002, 06:31 AM
Is it possible to fund a paypal acct with a credit card?

credit card -> paypal -> paradise

If yes, does paypal charge a fee for using a credit card?

04-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Yes, you can use a credit card to fund a paypal account. Although your card issuer may charge a fee, I do not believe Paypal charges a fee for a personal account. You may want to confirm that with both your card issuer and Paypal.

Finally, your illustrative schematic should read

credit card --> Paypal --> Truepoker.

04-16-2002, 09:31 AM
Also, you may fall victim - as I did - if you have a Mastercard. Paypal would not process my deposit as they have an agreement with Mastercard not to fund online gaming accounts. **!#~!

04-16-2002, 10:38 AM
It's much easier to move money back and forth, and you can cash winnings right into your bank account with no hassle (or get an ATM card and withdraw cash from ATM machines).

Jeff

04-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Most Visa issuers will not approve online gambling purchases in the U.S.

If you know another person who has a PayPal account that you trust 100% you could do this. Send them money from your credit card through PayPal. When they get the money it will be considered "PayPal Funds". Have them send you the money and now it's considered "PayPal Funds" in your account. You can use "PayPal Funds" to purchase whatever you want, so you'd be allowed to use these at your favorite poker site.

*Note, you might lose some fees doing the above transaction. Also, I think gambling with money you don't have "credit card money" is a BAD thing.