PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on NFL Week 3 Playoffs

Big Al
01-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Here are my thoughts on this weekends games:

NE at Pitt +3: I dont know, but it sure seems hard to me to not take the team with the best record in the NFL, arguably the best defense, at home, plus 3 points. I have all the respect in the world for NE and what they have done but I just think you have to go with the Steelers in this spot. I think people maybe just looking at last weeks games a bit too much. Pitt was not impressive while the Pats beat what many thought was the best team in the NFL. I think Pitt is the play but I wouldnt bet the house on it, just whatever is a solid wager for you.

Atlanta at Philly -5: A lot of people here seem to think Philly is a lock in this spot. I dont know, they were not impressive to me in their win over a marginal Vikings team last week and Atlantas defense is very solid, one that does not get the credit they deserve. I think the Falcons defense will keep it close and in a close game (one you feel may come down to a field goal) you have to take the points. Again, I wouldnt bet the house on Atlanta, but I think the Falcons plus 5 is the play here.

Summary: No Shoe In this week, but decent bets on Pitt and Atlanta.

Quick comment about last week: Even though I/we went 2-1 last week, the Shoe In missed (it was Pitt) so the medium and small bets on the Falcons and Eagles made up for it, but with the big it ended up being a losing week. For the playoffs, overall we are 4-2 here so I hope you have at least made some money if you have been following my recommendations. As far as last weeks Shoe In, if you figured, like I did, that Pitts defense would shut the Jets down and someone told you before the game the Pitt defense would only give up 3 points, you probably would have bet the house on it. A special teams breakdown and turnovers are always hard to account for, so I hope the Shoe In pick didnt cost you too much and you made up for it with the other picks. Best of luck this week.--Big Al--

CCx
01-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Big Al,

It's interesting to me that as a 'sharp bettor' and an 'expert handicapper' you mention nothing of the weather in either game, which will have an obvious impact in at least one outcome. (Philly will have 20-25 mph sustained winds and well into the negative wind chills)

It's also curious to me that you mention negative comments towards the Philly win last week. It may be a matter of opinion, but the way I see it (and the way you wrote it), you got 'scared off' from others in the sports betting forum being ALL OVER Philly -8.5, and decided to back off the game considerably. I believe you referred to those betting Philly as 'you sharpies'. Perhaps you should take into consideration that there are others out there on this anonymous internet board that work with large bankrolls and put effort into their research and picks, and you should not be so quick to discount that. Perhaps it could save you, or make you some money in the future.

Good luck this weekend.

MikeyObviously
01-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Love the picks Al, I'm taking both! I always take your picks though...

Wake up CALL
01-21-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should take into consideration that there are others out there on this anonymous internet board that work with large bankrolls and put effort into their research and picks, and you should not be so quick to discount that. Perhaps it could save you, or make you some money in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a goober you are.

Easy E
01-21-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't remember seeing you do too many o/u picks.

Is the weather too much to contend with for the weekend games?

CCx
01-21-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this anonymous internet board

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What a goober you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please....

tech
01-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Just curious Big Al, why don't you post these in the Sports Betting forum?

greg586
01-22-2005, 09:23 PM
goober.is being way to kind.

Easy E
01-22-2005, 10:42 PM
I think it's loyalty, since this was the original sports betting forum.

greg586
01-23-2005, 12:09 AM
is it ok for al to post where ever he wants??

tech
01-23-2005, 04:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it ok for al to post where ever he wants??

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I didn't mean it in a negative way. Like I said, just curious. Thanks for your helpful and informative response.

tech
01-23-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's loyalty, since this was the original sports betting forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh, that makes sense. Thanks.

Easy E
01-23-2005, 10:54 PM
hasn't been the best of years for you, Big Al.

Guess you should have bet against the rookie QB.