PDA

View Full Version : Stong poker is like wearing a seatbelt

04-16-2002, 12:17 AM
you have to play/use it 100% of the time for it to truly be effective. I try to remind myself of that analogy when I lose a few bets playing a hand I am fairly certain I shouldn't have been playing in the first place. Not that it happens that often, but I guess the point is all those little "what the f..." plays add up in the long run, and sometimes in the shortrun too!

04-16-2002, 01:11 PM
This is my response to "what is right %'age flop for tight? Aggressive?" posted in the Small Stakes forum (towards the end of the thread) on Mon April 15th.

One of the best reasons hand selection is so important IMO is this. Say say you are playing 25 percent and running good in a session. Then you get caught up in a couple of hands where you may lose 10-15 BB on each hand. Now you went from winner to loser in 2 hands and your emotional state is shocked.

We end up telling ourselves something like, "that's why I'm not supposed to play that hand in the first place (be it position or what may looked as though to be proper pot odds)".

We've all done it.

I also agree with Taelon about A7. Even suited, IMO it should be only be played from LMP to LP or the blinds, preferably muti-way. And if an EP or MP brings it in with a raise, it's in the muck virtually always.

Check out the entire thread, some pretty good stuff, you might like.

KC50