PDA

View Full Version : KJ offsuit in the small blind?

sean c
01-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm small bling with kj off a very good but tricky player raises from mp and a lag cold calls from lp I fold. My thinking was I'm out of position and possibly dominated. It turned out I had two live overcards against both players and would have won a nice hand. What does everyone think? Weak or the right laydown?

sfer
01-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Good fold for the reasons you state.

mistrpug
01-21-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm small bling with kj off a very good but tricky player raises from mp and a lag cold calls from lp I fold. My thinking was I'm out of position and possibly dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a correct fold.

[ QUOTE ]
It turned out I had two live overcards against both players and would have won a nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this matter? If you folded 27o in the same spot and would have flopped quads, does that mean you should have called? Don't be too results-oriented. You made the right play.

TexasHoldem363
01-21-2005, 01:03 PM
It is a quick fold to me. Even if the right cards come at the board, you probably will bet into a stronger hand. Like AK or something like that. Then with a multi pot in this situation I would call.

Rah
01-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Even with two live overcards, the flop wouldn't have been the same if you had called.