PDA

View Full Version : Kalling at Kombatants....

IronDragon1
01-21-2005, 11:34 AM
First of sorry for the superfluous use of the letter k.

This thread is for general thoughts on the third greatest fighting game franchise of all time (the first two OBVIOUSLY being Street Fighter and Tekken)

I'll start with my favorite/least favorite fatalites

Favorite: Scorpion's new one (from MK:Deception) where he uses his spear to rip off one of his opponents arms and legs and then breaks their neck.

Least favorite: The one where Kung Lao threw his hat at his opponent from full screen length and you had to use your joystick to aim it so that it would cut his head off. The accuracy rate was lowered from .01 in the arcade to .0001 when using the D-Pad.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I haven't played Mortal Kombat since my [censored] degenerate druggie neighbor stole my Game Gear, which was about 8-10 years ago.

nicky g
01-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Virtua Fighter is the best fighting game franchise. So there.

IronDragon1
01-21-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And in similar news:

Up is now down
Right is Left
Black is white

__Q__
01-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I got to agree. Virtua Fight 2 for Saturn has got to be the best fighting game ever and made that whole system worth it.

but also, the Power Stone games should are great and should be on any best fighting game list.

Lazymeatball
01-21-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you got pwned by a noob. ha

edit: I feel like a dork for using pwned and noob in the same post.

nicky g
01-24-2005, 11:20 AM
So you should.

I stand by what I said. Tekken is for mindless teenagers. Mortal Kombat is pretty fun but silly. Virtua Fighter, particularly Virtua Fighter 4, kills them both. The importance it attaches to dodging and reversals make it a lot more realistic, complex and long-lasting than stupid 15 buttom combos that make your gargoyle character vomit lava, or whatever.