PDA

View Full Version : Best NE Area Restaurant District

Toro
01-21-2005, 10:15 AM

Toro
01-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Feel free to name your favorite restaurants here.

kenberman
01-21-2005, 10:23 AM
the North End isn't even the best restaurant district in Boston.

South End has far better restaurants. North End has a couple good restuarants, and 95% tourist traps.

2planka
01-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Sorry Toro, had to go with the North End. Shrewsbury St. has lots to offer, but it's no Hanover St.

Found a decent Middle Eastern place in Worcester. El Basha West on Park Ave. across from the Fleet Bank near Elm Park. Reasonably priced, slightly lacking in ambiance, and excellent food. Their wine list is laughable, but their food makes up for it. I recommend their kibbie and grape leaves combo entree and their port saiid entree.

The South End has more trendy restaraunts and more variety by far, but they're not as concentrated as the North End.

pokerjo22
01-21-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm with kenberman on this one.

daryn
01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
i /images/graemlins/heart.gif north end

Toro
01-21-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the North End isn't even the best restaurant district in Boston.

South End has far better restaurants. North End has a couple good restuarants, and 95% tourist traps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't know as I tried to go into Southie once but I'm not Irish and they wouldn't let me in. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lumpy
01-21-2005, 12:31 PM
How is 111 Chophouse?

Toro
01-21-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is 111 Chophouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's so good that you have to book two weeks in advance to get a reservation. I know because I tried for this Saturday a couple of days ago and no dice and a week from Saturday is almost all booked too. Pricey for Worcester though if that's a consideration.

2planka
01-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Pretty good. It's not quite Mortons, but the food is good, the drinks are good, and it's pretty easy to get a table. I recommend the tapas menu after hours first.

It's very noisy in there though. not a place for a quiet meal.

Their filet is as good as any I've had.

I also like their mushrooms, squash, and asparagus as sides to share with your party.

pokerjo22
01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't know as I tried to go into Southie once but I'm not Irish and they wouldn't let me in. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Southie isn't South End. The two could not be more different.

Toro
01-21-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Southie isn't South End. The two could not be more different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get all technical on me. Was just trying to make a funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pokerjo22
01-21-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't get all technical on me. Was just trying to make a funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just looking out for you Toro. But don't take my word for it - just try asking a Boston Irishman if he's from the South End and I'm sure he'll explain your mistake to you /images/graemlins/wink.gif