PDA

View Full Version : All-in with the Best Hand, win %?

BusterFlush
01-21-2005, 09:51 AM
My Dad is retired and plays 8 to 12 one-table SNG's on Party almost daily. During a discussion last night, he had some data from his results that the 2+2 community can kick around.
First off, my Dad claims to be the "Unluckiest Player in the World". Second off, we play quite often together in live games and he is a very good tight aggressive player. He cashes in 50% of his SNG's.

He has kept records over the last couple of days to support his "Unluckiest Player in the World" title. He states that in his all-in situations where he has the best hand, he only wins 26% of these. Best hand means if the hand had no more cards to come, he would win the hand. Some of these are preflop but most are post-flop.
I have encouraged him to use pokertracker but I do not know if it will track this exact information.

Mr_J
01-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Ok I'm no expert but if he cashes 50% of the time, there's no way he can be unlucky, and definately has to win more than 26% of pushes. I think he just remembers the bad times and forgets the good. Humans are funny with things like that.