PDA

View Full Version : Modding the PartyPoker "Notepad" thingy???

stigmata
01-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi,

Cross-posted this from the Beginners forum, as I was advised it might get a better response here.

These are perhaps the most pedantic and impossible-to-answer questions ever seen on these forums. Both regard the Notepad application in PartyPoker, where you can keep player notes.

1. Is this actually notepad, somehow run from Party?

2. The default size of the notes box is too small, as even my shorthand notes are becoming quite long. Having to scroll through them whilst mutlitabling is annoying. Is there any possible hack to make the default size of the window larger? ANyone now a good place to start with this?

3. Is there a shortcut (something like ctrl+X) to automatically close it. This sounds wierd, but when multitabling, and the notes come up on another monitor , it is a pain in the ass swinging my mouse around all over the place.

THese are very pedantic question, I know, but it has really been bugging me over the last couple of sessions.

daveymck
01-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I think you should be more interested in getting your hand reading skills up to date than fiddling with your layout. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brainwalter
01-21-2005, 10:18 AM
1. I don't think so.
2. No idea.
3. Escape key.

stigmata
01-21-2005, 10:45 AM
ROFL. u trite git daveymck /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And thanks brainwalter. Esc key...... DUHHHH.

OrianasDaad
01-21-2005, 05:43 PM
1. No, it's not notepad. Just basic file I/O in the programming.

2. Try something like gametime+, if you have pokertracker. I believe that it will pop up the notes on a player when you mouseover their nameplate.

3. No built-in shorcut. If you are quick, you can ALT-TAB to the notes window, and ALT-F4 to close the window. You will want to make sure that the notes window does indeed have the focus, though.

EDIT: missed the escape key bit, but the notes window does have to have focus.