PDA

View Full Version : Eating contests

PoBoy321
01-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm organizing a wing-eating contest with a bunch of friends of mine. $10 buy-in, winner take all. I want to win.

Any suggestions on how to train to be a competitive eater?

Caruso329
01-21-2005, 12:15 PM
- Eat a lot
- Don't chew
- Have EMTs standing by
- Remember bones are not edible
- Condition your tongue to be numb to hot sauce

HitHard69
01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
About 2 weeks before the contest, start carrying around an empty one gallon milk jug, filled with water. Drink 3 a day. It will expand your stomach. The day before, eat grapes. Not a few grapes, but as many as you possibly can. Why grapes? They'll expand your stomach even more, and they'll run through your system in a few hours. Morning of, have a piece of toast or two, then get ready to rock.
As far as wings goes, it depends on what they are...breaded ones, like they have at hooters, will be harder to take down quickly. Just rip off piece with your teeth, chew as little as possible and get it down. If your allowed to have water, drink it sparingly. The sauce should keep your mouth from drying out and the water will just take up extra stomach room.

Klak
01-29-2005, 10:26 PM
i happen to be a wing eating expert so i will offer my services. the drumettes are easy, just eat like a corn cob. the other wings are tougher, but id say the best strategy is to put the whole thing in your mouth and suck the meat off all at once. is it for speed or volume anyways?

Nick B.
01-29-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm organizing a wing-eating contest with a bunch of friends of mine. $10 buy-in, winner take all. I want to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give all your friends X-hot wings and get mild for yourself.

AEKDBet
01-31-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm 2 for 2 in wing eating contests. Its usally about speed.

Is there a time limit - if not see above post on stomach expansion with water. Also come to the contest ravenously hungry - the grapes thing is not so important as is elasticity of the stomach.

If there is like a 10 minture time limit then is all about taking bits that can be swallowed whole.

*Think of it as a contest to chew the least*. Do this, and with a little hand-to-mouth coordination you should pull a W

hoterdoc
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
be sure to FILL US IN /images/graemlins/wink.gif, on your filling up /images/graemlins/shocked.gif