PDA

View Full Version : 2+2Hut Finals...hand(s)? for Mr. Peterson

04-14-2002, 11:47 PM
Mr. Peterson,

First of all, congratulations on your 2nd place finish. It was a great performance. I was quite surprised to find out you are only 25 years old. From corresponding with you (mostly on the NL/PL forum, I find your understanding, not only of poker, but people is most impressive for a man your age. Hell, when I was your age I had been playing poker for 11 years. My people skill were keen but had really no idea of how to play to win.

You made a very difficult laydown I would like to ask you about. The hand was when 2-10's flopped and another 10 came on the turn. If I can remember right, Gooch re-raised your re-raise. You deliberated for some time then called time (the 60 second clock started at PS); and you mucked after about 30 seconds. I put you on a small pair or paired whatever was the other flop card. Please (if you don't mind); share with us your thought process on that laydown (and what you had also if you don't mind).

I think the hand when Gooch made 2-pair on the end (K's and dueces) was the turning point in the match. I know you had a king also with a bigger kicker than the lowest card on the board to that point. He then became so relentless you were unable to recover.

Congrats of course also to Gooch as champion.

Again, congrats to you Mr. P!

Mr. Peterson...your comments please.

KC50

04-15-2002, 12:32 AM
I think the board was 7TTT. I held pocket 6s. It was a very tough laydown, but i had watched Gooch play in previous rounds, and while not convinced she had the T, i think she at least had a 7. I probably would have called with overcards, as this gives me 6 cards to draw out if Gooch doesn't have the case T, but as it was i decided i was dead, and shouldn't make a bad situation worse.

The K2 hand i held KJ i think it was. Might have been KT. It was top pair 3rd kicker without having 2 pair anyway. There were several hands near the end where i held top pair, 2nd pair, and even 2 pair but Gooch made a straight.

Oh well never mind these things happen in poker. I'm sure i drew out on Gooch several times too. I was just happy to get that far, and then to be able to put on a big recovery after nearly dropping out in a few minutes.

04-15-2002, 04:48 PM
Gooch,

Congrats on your winning the 2+2 HUT tourney.

Would you share your thought process of these hands and the match overall, please?

KC50