PDA

View Full Version : I feel like an idiot (crossposted in Zoo)

David04
01-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Okay, so I wake up around 6. I know I'm gonna be able to play pretty much all day, so I think "Hey, why not find a small tournament? That would be fun." So I load up UB, look around for a few minutes, find a $1 NL hold 'em, and it's at 10:20. Perfect.

I register, find a good .01/.02 NL game and start playing. 10 minutes later, I check my e-mail. I see the confirmation e-mail, like I expected to. I read it, and find out that I'm retarded. The tournament is at 10:20 PM....crap. I can't play if it's at night(plus I don't want to be up till like 1, if I happen to do well)

Read a little more, find out that the buy-in is non-refundable(knew that anyways, but it doen't matter)

Anyone think that I can get my money back if I e-mail UB, and explain? Or are they really strict about that kind of stuff?

If I can't get my buy-in back, anyone want to play this for me? PM me if you are interested in playing this for me, and splitting the winnings.

Toro
01-21-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so I wake up around 6. I know I'm gonna be able to play pretty much all day, so I think "Hey, why not find a small tournament? That would be fun." So I load up UB, look around for a few minutes, find a $1 NL hold 'em, and it's at 10:20. Perfect.

I register, find a good .01/.02 NL game and start playing. 10 minutes later, I check my e-mail. I see the confirmation e-mail, like I expected to. I read it, and find out that I'm retarded. The tournament is at 10:20 PM....crap. I can't play if it's at night(plus I don't want to be up till like 1, if I happen to do well)

Read a little more, find out that the buy-in is non-refundable(knew that anyways, but it doen't matter)

Anyone think that I can get my money back if I e-mail UB, and explain? Or are they really strict about that kind of stuff?

If I can't get my buy-in back, anyone want to play this for me? PM me if you are interested in playing this for me, and splitting the winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matador in the kiddie pool?

boondockst
01-21-2005, 09:15 AM
ROFL....i say "we need to bust him in a cash game" in reply to any question from my wife (we're only 21, not foagies btw) and she now finds it funny...

David04
01-21-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matador in the kiddie pool?

[/ QUOTE ]
Water's warmer down here.

woodguy
01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I have been refunded by UB after emailing customer service to tell them I had to withdraw from a tourney.

I also bitched about them no having a "unregister" button like the other sites, and in their reply they said they were working on it.

Given that the entry is $1, perhaps you can check your couch cushions for your refund?

Regards,
Woodguy

David04
01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I just sent them an e-mail, hopefully they can refund my buy-in.

[ QUOTE ]
Given that the entry is $1, perhaps you can check your couch cushions for your refund?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

etgryphon
01-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I'll mail you a dollar if it will make you feel better.

You are really going to waste your time for a dollar?

-Gryph

David04
01-21-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll mail you a dollar if it will make you feel better.

You are really going to waste your time for a dollar?

-Gryph

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I got my buy-in back, so I'm happy.

edpsu92
01-21-2005, 02:15 PM
is this post serious or is it a joke?

boondockst
01-21-2005, 06:41 PM
from the "play it for me and we'll split the winnings" i assume it's a joke...

rohjoh
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
What does that tourney pay? Like $2.65 for first?

JoshuaD
01-22-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What does that tourney pay? Like $2.65 for first?

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine it's a few hundred for first.