PDA

View Full Version : Up against limp capper

Enon
01-21-2005, 07:58 AM
UTG+1: VP$IP 35%, PFR 15%, AFR 1.5, WtSD 33%, W$Sd 60% (only based on about 250 hands)
CO: VP$IP 36%, PFR 9%

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Enon is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Enon 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, CO calls, Enon calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Enon bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (7.83 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Enon checks.

River: (7.83 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Enon folds.

DeeJ
01-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Looks good to me. He probably has AK or AQ or JJ-AA pair all of which you are behind to. I suppose he may be sitting on TT or 99 or AJ or AT (!) but the majority of the time you're toast. I think this is OK.

Enon
01-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Don't let it drop /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TStoneMBD
01-21-2005, 09:15 AM
well played enon

sthief09
01-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I think you're probably good more than you need to be to call the river. what's he done so far? he's limp-capped. ok, that means very little to me. he's probably got an ok hand but most of the time he won't have AA/KK. his flop check is a little suspicious, but he could have just felt like gambooling preflop, then msised the flop and wanted to get to the turn cheaply, without getting raised. on the turn it was checked through, and the river he bet out. there's really no indication that he has anything with 90% certainty. a LAG like that will probably bet the river with any 2 cards, either as a thin value bet or a bluff, given the weakness you showed with your flop-turn play

EDIT: if he had a K he would've bet out on the flop, or at least check-raised. that all but rules out AK or KQ. KK he could've slowplayed, and same with AA, but there aren't too many combinations of those. AQ is probablyt he most probable hand, but are you beat 90% of the time? no way IMO

JeffO
01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I like all streets until you fold the river. I think your good here more than 1 in 9 times against an opponent with 35% 15%. Tell me you havn't seen guys like this limp cap with 44.

rmarotti
01-21-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm with the "crying call" camp. Why do the others think Enon took the right line?

TStoneMBD
01-21-2005, 10:45 AM
im not really qualified to reply to this post. i didnt reply the first round but enon bumped it to get more responses. i play 20/40 live, which is very different than PP15. noone in the games i play will cap preflop with a hand that you can beat at this showdown.

jetsg4
01-21-2005, 10:54 AM
i think you were beat here... capped preflop, which means he should have something decent, check/called on flop with K out there.. looks like this might have scared him but he was getting 10:1 to call and see if he hits..

possibly the Q hit him big with Q,Q and he was planning a CR since you bet out on flop

you check so he autobets river... or possibly has J,J... either way.. i think you're dead.... i maybe would have called to find out though..

the only real question now is: Is the answer to this question worth $30 to you??

TStoneMBD
01-21-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only real question now is: Is the answer to this question worth $30 to you??

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is that supposed to mean? any money left on the table no matter how large or small is worth discussing.

DeeJ
01-21-2005, 11:17 AM
I think the reason he didn't bet the flop was that he was scared of the 88 which if someone has an 8 can beat his otherwise monster hand. So I wouldn't rule out KQ/AK on that basis, although sure, it makes them slightly less likely given they weren't bet. It's not as if he is a 70% VPIP player.

I don't think it's a big mistake to call either, but I think you are on the side of -EV when you do.

Not many players limp-cap with non-premium hands.

It all depends however /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Enon
01-21-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the reason he didn't bet the flop was that he was scared of the 88 which if someone has an 8 can beat his otherwise monster hand. So I wouldn't rule out KQ/AK on that basis, although sure, it makes them slightly less likely given they weren't bet. It's not as if he is a 70% VPIP player.

I don't think it's a big mistake to call either, but I think you are on the side of -EV when you do.

Not many players limp-cap with non-premium hands.

It all depends however /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

After reviewing this player's hand histories, I realized he was certainly not the type to get scared by an eight, and would have bet or checkraised the flop with Ak and AA. Funny thing though that I reviewed the villain's past hands and found a hand where he limp reraised with KK in early position.

I think it was a possibility that this player could have limped with ATs or a medium pair up front but the preflop cap move goes hand in hand with a bet on this type of flop. The flop check screamed of strength to me, but I think the river call is correct given the odds I'm getting.

Does anyone dislike the turn check?