PDA

View Full Version : MS SUNSHINE or anyone>>>Paradise Stat Question...

04-14-2002, 09:44 PM
What % of flops do you guys think should be seen in the average 5/10 game at Paradise? Any opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

04-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Mr Rockwell,

You should not be concerned with other people's flop percentage. It depends on many factors. How well you play post-flop, how well you play opponents, how aggressive you are, and your game selection skills are all determining factors on how many flops you should see.

There are many ways to skin a dog. 8:) I personally know a man that will see 40 percent, and is a significant winner. I also know someone who plays 20 percent, and is also a winner.

What is your tolerance for bankroll fluctuation? Are you playing too high for your bankroll?

These questions are rhetorical, each person will have a different set of preferences, and should ajust his or her game accordingly.

Murray.

04-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Murray does correctly point out that you need to adjust the stats interpretation to your game.

I do think there are some constants.

1) you're winning -- check the relative scores on the stats -- not the absolute. This is a good indicator of your strong game. Remember and repeat. If it continues, you've got something.

2) That is Win% if flop seen should be greater than the %'age of flops seen

3) The total wins must be a minimum of 10%.

04-16-2002, 12:13 AM
you have to play/use it 100% of the time for it to truly be effective. I try to remind myself of that analogy when I lose a few bets playing a hand I am fairly certain I shouldn't have been playing in the first place. Not that it happens that often, but I guess the point is all those little "what the f..." plays add up in the long run, and sometimes in the shortrun too!