PDA

View Full Version : I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK *Limited Engagement- No Content*

fimbulwinter
01-21-2005, 05:04 AM
just spent all of my partypoker points in their "player's club" dealie. Didn't even know I had 'em till i got an email from those folks. got a twenty pack of hats, a few polos and a shadyass beanie.

who is watching over my shoulder during the whole transaction without my knowledge?

The 'ol ball and chain

turns out I wasnt even aware that I am now only 100 points away from a cute baby blue polo for her. And to think i hadn't even thought of buying her anything with my poker points.

shame on me. half the time I'm doing something wrong I don't even realize it until she tells me so.

So what does this mean? It means I have a saturday project:

$20 in bonus to clear or (100/4)*20 hands to play, whichever comes first. time for laggy fim to return to the 25NL tables.

I figure I win if I can keep my VP$IP above 50, my PFR above 25 and my BAC above sober.

wish me luck,

fim

PS- anyone want me to post some "let me sho u bash da monkey" hands? would that be helpful?

TheWorstPlayer
01-21-2005, 05:23 AM
welcome back. Please post at least your top 3 wins and top 3 losses.

fimbulwinter
01-21-2005, 05:53 AM
couldn't help myself.

played an hour or so

~120 hands
VP$IP: 48
PFR: 31
Drinks: none
BB/100: positive

really interesting playing everything for a raise. had to start making it 3xBB to give myself a volume discount. monster action on the KK hand of the night. gets the table whipped up fast, makes you play more on later streets.
I like.

MONKEYPOKAAAAAAAAAR!!!

http://www.aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com/Web%20Page%20Components/Wallpaper/Animals/Cheeky%20Monkey.jpg

fim

fimbulwinter
01-21-2005, 06:37 AM
One hand:

25NL, 25/50c blinds, 6max

victim (~$35) is stupid lag. table is mega weak-tight so he's doing good. I'm PFR'ing everything and takin down nice pots preflop with 68s and 89o with position.

only hand we've played he checkraised me all in on a flop of J63 with 77. I had JT and folded. he got a target on his head.

I'm on CO with AJs.

UTG, LAG (victim) limps, I make it $1.5, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, LAG calls.

Flop (5.5): AQ4r

BB checks, LAG checks, I bet 2.5, BB folds, Lag makes it 5, I think until 4 seconds on timer left and call.

Turn (10.5): 7

LAG checks, I bet $4, he pushes, I call, don't need to see the river cos he's drawing dead and MHIG.

guess his hole cards and you get a shiny gold star. or deal two random cards off a deck. same deal. maybe he "didn't need to look at his cards, he saw me look at mine."

Point of this stupid hand is the following:

A lot of you are having problems playing with players who play unconventionally. Think about how their play deviates from optimal play (in this case his agression was blanket and nonselective) and allow, nay, encourage them to make those deviations over and over again. roll out the damn red carpet for them. LAG? feign weakness and "slowplay" normal hands. Weakie? represent the nuts; he wins when he has them and you win when he doesnt. Over-Tricky-Wannabe-WPT'er? play completely straightforward and do fishy things (like massive overbets) with good hands so that he can make that amazing call.

fim

fimbulwinter
01-22-2005, 08:57 PM
played 1400 hands today. feels weird playing online again. have sufficient points for the polo, awesome.

Button is complete L/P. been bluffing her(?) a LOT. been running over the table qite a bit too. right now I'm VP$IP 45%, PFR 35%. dunno about the play, gimme the thinky.

PP 25NL 25/50c blinds

button has ~45
BB has ~6
I cover both

Preflop:

I raise to 1.5 on CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Button calls, BB pushes for 4.5 more, I re-raise to 15 total, Button calls.

Flop (~35)

7/images/graemlins/club.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I push to cover BB (who has 30 left behind to call)

http://www.nih.gov/news/NIH-Record/06_29_99/images/bumpers2.jpg

or

http://grimey.simpsonsline.de/pictures/misc/angry.gif

?

TheWorstPlayer
01-22-2005, 09:06 PM
What do you put Button on? I can't imagine that there are actually any hands for which her(?) play is correct, but if there are any then they are AA/KK. But I would have pushed if I had a premium pair. And I probably would have pushed with AK, also, since you can't call off 1/3 of your stack just to see a flop and you look like you are trying to isolate so I might even have you dominated with AK. In any case, I guess you might as well push becuase I can't imagine check/fold is right just because she called preflop. I wouldn't really like it, though. There is no way you are moving her off of an overpair, I don't think.