PDA

View Full Version : Marvel / DC greatest matchups

Reef
01-21-2005, 02:40 AM
As an old school former Marvel / DC junkie, I was just reminiscing about some of the battles I would have like to watch and who would win.

Hulk vs. Thor vs. Juggernaut
strength and endurance.

Human torch vs. Iceman
fire vs. ice

Iron Man vs. Doctor Doom vs. Steel
battle of technology

Apocalypse vs. Doomsday
just pure evil

Captain America vs. Daredevil vs. Batman
Agility

Superman vs. Captain Marvel
somewhat covered in the graphic novel Marvel vs. DC

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 03:11 AM
you missed some of the JLA/Avengers matchups that went on during that crossover -

Superman vs. Thor - Superman won, but was so wiped out he got pummeled by Iron Man/She Hulk and someone else shortly afterwards. -

Superman vs Hulk - 80's crossover - Superman tried something interesting - tried holding his ground as long as he could without punching back - Hulk stopped being angry and reverted to Bruce Banner - result - tie.

Batman vs Captain America - in the JLA/Avengers - they faced each other for a few min...parrying and feinting and decided they could better use their time by slipping off and figuring out what caused the two universes to collide. A wussy way to end it.

Batman vs. Punisher - mid 90's crossover - this was great...two part series - but it was designed to fall between when Jean Paul took over as Batman and when Bruce Wayne came back. So the first time, Punisher handed Jean Paul's ass to him on a stick - 2nd time, Bruce pretty much took out the Punisher one handed. - They also had an encounter in the JLA/Avengers where it was assumed they didn't meet, but again...Batman handed his ass to him

some good stuff in the JLA/Avengers crossover as well with speedsters (Flash vs Quicksilver) and the black magic ladies (Zatanna vs Scarlet Witch) -

as well as the cock fight between Hawkeye and Green Arrow....LOL -

------------

what's that you ask? - Why, yes...I'm single and haven't had a date in 6 months and sex with an attractive woman for longer then I can remember...why do you ask? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

IronDragon1
01-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Whatever (well almost whatever) matchup you choose; it most certainly cannot be any worse than the Spawn/Batman crossover

Yeessh

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 04:20 AM
you just reminded me of another really good one...

Batman/Predator (Iron Horse comics published Predator) - there were a couple miniseries out there - the idea being that one of the Predator's wants to hunt the most dangerous game in Gotham, being the Batman...

fairly inneresting...I always thought Spawn was well drawn but a lameass character.

RB

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the graphic novel

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best part..."Graphic Novel"...LOL.

swede123
01-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I really enjoyed the matchups between Judge Dredd and Batman. In fact, Judge Dredd was always one of my favorite comics.

Cheers,

Swede

Reef
01-21-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the graphic novel

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best part..."Graphic Novel"...LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might have misworded it. oops

IronDragon1
01-21-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you just reminded me of another really good one...

Batman/Predator (Iron Horse comics published Predator) - there were a couple miniseries out there - the idea being that one of the Predator's wants to hunt the most dangerous game in Gotham, being the Batman...

fairly inneresting...I always thought Spawn was well drawn but a lameass character.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that Dark Horse comics published the Predator series though I could be mistaken.

The problem I had with the Spawn/Batman series wasn't that I necessarily hated either character (though I didn't favor them either) but was more the hackneyed story.

VBM
01-21-2005, 02:03 PM
i'm whipping out my taped up glasses & pocket protector as i say this, but Dark Horse also had a Robocop vs. Terminator series which was pretty cool... :-B

IronDragon1
01-21-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm whipping out my taped up glasses & pocket protector as i say this, but Dark Horse also had a Robocop vs. Terminator series which was pretty cool... :-B

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as it beats the (hopefully) short lived series of Robocop comics put out by Marvel then I'm ok with it.

On a related note I do remember an issue of Wizard magazine there was an issue which featured a number of crossove battles, not necessarily from comics. Some of the more humourous results were Boba Fett blowing up Robocop and Yoda knocking out ET with a telephone to the head

sfer
01-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Iron Man vs. Aqua Man.

Iron against...uh...rust.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 02:32 PM
I had no idea there were so many comic book nerds here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gamblor
01-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Deathmate

offTopic
01-21-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deathmate

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO

Lazymeatball
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
if this hasn' been said yet:

Nerd Alert!

Reef
01-21-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea there were so many comic book nerds here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I WOULD reply to this insult, but I'm late for my dungeons and dragons practice. We're actually in costume today.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I WOULD reply to this insult, but I'm late for my dungeons and dragons practice. We're actually in costume today.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. Don't forget to iron your cape. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Reef
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice. Don't forget to iron your cape. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bartholomew, Geoffrey, and Dexter are soooo gonna get pwned