PDA

View Full Version : You Know You are too Drunk When...

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 02:25 AM
You type this string of IM's to your husband...

Who, incidently is only four feet across the room:

Felicia : some day i'm going to pass out

Glenn: u feeling it now?

Glenn: u seem like ur going

Felicia : i hate this

Felicia : help

Felicia : hep

Felicia : okay

Felicia : bdtty

Felicia : i can see but can type

Felicia : its'okay

Felicia : nno

Felicia : but

Felicia : can '

Felicia : type

Felicia : okay

Felicia : can type

Felicia : see

Felicia : can tyoe'

Felicia : ty

Felicia : i n type

Felicia : no can see

Felicia : can type

Felicia : weird

Felicia : yes

Felicia : yes

Felicia : no pain

Felicia : not jumping

Felicia : ty

Felicia : i can type bu cnasee

Felicia : weired

Felicia : can't open

Felicia : ut can type

Felicia : weied

Felicia : wuird

Felicia : an't tyu[e bu can type

Felicia : dax is a good dggie

Felicia : goddie good

Felicia : weid

Felicia : no pain

Felicia : weid

Felicia : thanks

Felicia : helpihng

Felicia : wird

Felicia : i can type but can't tak

Felicia : can't talk

Felicia : wird

Felicia : the alcohol is wird

Felicia : hopefully the sugar wil hoelp

Felicia : mayhbe salt

Felicia : no

Felicia : pretzels

Felicia : wierd i can talk but not type

Felicia : you can see

Felicia : salt and sugar

Felicia : pill of sufgasone

Felicia : ican taste salt

Felicia : no more vodka

------------------------
Oddly enough, I never drank alcohol until six weeks ago. It was that or go on heavy duty pain pills. My Mom is addicted to pills, so I chose alcohol instead. Maybe that wasn't such a good choice, lol /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 02:27 AM
It appears I am on your mind when you are drunk. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

daryn
gotta love the last line:

Sponger15SB
Sounds like me the first time I smoked. I sent over 200 IMs to my friends away message who was at the house we were all at because I wanted to be able to remember what I said in the morning.

bholdr
01-21-2005, 02:30 AM
LOL that is some funny sh**

unfourtunatly, when i am drunk in front of a computer, i type quite well, it's my choices of words, phrases, and ideas that i use.

i've woken up after a near blackout night of drunken emailing and had to send out a half dozen apologies to my ionline freinds with whom i had been far too honest and forthcoming with the night before.

try marajuana for pain. it is both less addictive and less harmful long term than alcohol or pain pills (even though it's not quite as legal).

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 02:31 AM
my fault....I'm a terrible influence.

but now you see why I like it so much /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
try marajuana for pain. it is both less addictive and less harmful long term than alcohol or pain pills (even though it's not quite as legal).

[/ QUOTE ] I would agree.

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 02:32 AM
I've never even taken a puff off of a cigarette! Jeez, I wonder if I'd even be able to inhale marajuana!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never even taken a puff off of a cigarette! Jeez, I wonder if I'd even be able to inhale marajuana!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you would cough like crazy.

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 02:33 AM
ah yes....the "what the hell did I say last night" emails...

couple special ladies I know got one of those once - they don't talk to me anymore..

but I got a lot smarter - now I delete the sent items folder and deleted items folder so I can't remember what I wrote and don't feel bad about it.

RB

bholdr
01-21-2005, 02:35 AM
brownies. just be careful once you get the munchies.

me: pass me another pot brownie, dude!

friend: pot brownie?

me: yeah, the ones in the fridge!

freind: those were pot brownies!?

me: whadda you mean 'were'?

freind: oh sh**!

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 02:43 AM
It's only Vodka that seems to really wipe out the pain. Vodka is almost like taking a pain pill.

Someone who drinks A LOT referred me to it. The worst of the (Arizona) winter is almost over. Thank God.

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 02:45 AM
less likely to give you a hangover too - due to toxins in colored alcohol (like whiskey) that increasath hangover capicity

for a while, I drank chilled vodka - almost like water out of the freezer - in fact, had to knock that [censored] off....too easy to get super drunk without throwing up...at least with whiskey, after 3 or 4 I get that slight wave of nausea that reminds me to slow down/stop..

RB

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I think that definitely has something to do with it.

Oddly enough, whiskey did nothing for me. I just felt stone-cold sober. No affect at all. I've heard that is the case with some alcohols and genetic makeup. Who knows!

The vodka, though, dang, total numbness for a while.

DOMIT
01-21-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
less likely to give you a hangover too - due to toxins in colored alcohol (like whiskey) that increasath hangover capicity

for a while, I drank chilled vodka - almost like water out of the freezer - in fact, had to knock that [censored] off....too easy to get super drunk without throwing up...at least with whiskey, after 3 or 4 I get that slight wave of nausea that reminds me to slow down/stop..

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Back in the single-days, use to have Rumplemints in the freezer /images/graemlins/grin.gif

whiskeytown
01-21-2005, 03:02 AM
ah sweet lord...

I used to throw up at the bar and nearly got thrown into detox once over that [censored]

now I run from it like I run from crack whores.

RB

bholdr
01-21-2005, 04:07 AM
a truly world-class drunk once told me that the ultimate easy-sippin' booze was Ketel one that had been in the freezer at -10 degrees for a week or more- it comes out like syrup, tastes like glacier water, and leaves you feeling like sping in the morning.

BTW, remember how i said i could still type lucid thing's whhile drunk? here's proof! (80 proof- HAHAHAHHHAAAA!)

<sigh>

beckham9
01-21-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think that definitely has something to do with it.

Oddly enough, whiskey did nothing for me. I just felt stone-cold sober. No affect at all. I've heard that is the case with some alcohols and genetic makeup. Who knows!

The vodka, though, dang, total numbness for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK drink a fifth and tell me that

BreakEvenPlayer
01-21-2005, 04:15 AM
This post is modern art.

jdl22
01-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I think we have our first confirmed female repeat poster in OOT. Congrats!

You might want to be careful though because much like drinking vodka and hitting the glass pipe, posting in OOT will negatively affect your stud game.

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 04:58 PM
LOL. I think what made it seem so funny is that Glenn (Domit) was talking to me out loud, while I typed back to him with my eyes closed. Most of it is a one-sided conversation, which probably made it sound more pathetic than it actually was!

Thanks!

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I've actually been around a couple of years. I just rarely posted here because of the politics, until they separated the forum.

It's a really cool part of 2+2, IMO, the "community" isn't a total flame-fest, and the topics are interesting.

nolanfan34
01-21-2005, 05:11 PM
You Know You are too Drunk When...

Good post and topic. I was on a bachelor party a few months back for a whole weekend in this middle-of-nowhere town. It did have a golf course, so we'd golf all day then play poker at night.

The "town" had one small tavern, which we took over on a Saturday night which happened to be their karaoke night. I have never shied away from a microphone.

So to answer your question, you know you're too drunk when the next weekend at the wedding, guys on the trip kept coming up to my wife and I laughing and telling me how great I was singing song "x", and I couldn't remember singing most of the stuff I allegedly sang.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good post and topic. I was on a bachelor party a few months back for a whole weekend in this middle-of-nowhere town. It did have a golf course, so we'd golf all day then play poker at night.

The "town" had one small tavern, which we took over on a Saturday night which happened to be their karaoke night. I have never shied away from a microphone.

So to answer your question, you know you're too drunk when the next weekend at the wedding, guys on the trip kept coming up to my wife and I laughing and telling me how great I was singing song "x", and I couldn't remember singing most of the stuff I allegedly sang.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. I've heard this EXACT same story from another guy I know. The golf, the drinking, the karaoke, the wife...everything. Except he doesn't live in the Northwest. Weird.

nolanfan34
01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. I've heard this EXACT same story from another guy I know. The golf, the drinking, the karaoke, the wife...everything. Except he doesn't live in the Northwest. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I remembered singing a couple of songs, but it turns out the total count was more in the 10-12 range. Good times.

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I remembered singing a couple of songs, but it turns out the total count was more in the 10-12 range. Good times.

[/ QUOTE ] when and where can we replicate this? I would love to see it. You Wazzu cats are all party animals, I love it.

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Oh, please don't tell me there is a recording of that somewhere!

Rushmore
01-21-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I absolutely HATE pot, the man's got a point.

I have to tell you, if you cultivate an alcohol or narcotic addiction, you'll wish you had just ridden out the pain.

Pot's harmless enough, and certainly effective. You'll be dopey as all hell (so to speak), but prolly not quite as dopey as you seem to become on alcohol.

Good luck, Felicia.

Rushmore
01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if I'd even be able to inhale marajuana!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sprinkle it in your freakin spaghetti, ferchrissakes!

Seriously, make a tea out of it, bake brownies, put it in your Gatorade, whatever.

But remember: you wouldn't be the first person who "never tried alcohol" who really went all to hell when it just sprung upon them in midstream.

Pot's infinitely less dangerous, except from a legal standpoint.

LALDAAS
01-21-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
brownies. just be careful once you get the munchies.

me: pass me another pot brownie, dude!

friend: pot brownie?

me: yeah, the ones in the fridge!

freind: those were pot brownies!?

me: whadda you mean 'were'?

freind: oh sh**!

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there done that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eating it is alot of fun.

Another time is when my roommate and myself and we just picked up 2 20's. suddenly we notice we are about to be pulled over.

SO WHATTO DO! errr EAT IT!

So we begain to woof it down and swig it down with a Big gulp from 711.

We manage to get off with a warning. As we pulled from the side of the road and cop turns off, My roommate and I look at each other and say "Were [censored]"

The next few hours were interesting.

nolanfan34
01-21-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, please don't tell me there is a recording of that somewhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, I heard rumors that there might be, but it was early in the evening, the parts I remember clearly.

One final thought to hijack this further. You know how every bar or club that has karaoke always has the DJ who likes to break in and sing a song on their own once in a while? Like you can tell they totally get off on being able to get a few solos in each night. Well, at this place, the "DJ" was the bar owner, who looked like an even more white trash version of Terry Bradshaw.

And he was the WORST singer. Ever. So part of the inflated song count was because each time he tried to sing a solo, after about 30 sec a few of us would go up and grab the other Mic, and "help" him, until he stopped altogether and we finished up the song.

nolanfan34
01-21-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when and where can we replicate this? I would love to see it. You Wazzu cats are all party animals, I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could easily happen in Vegas I bet. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 05:44 PM
I am seriously retarded. I had no idea you could put pot into food. One time I heard someone say you could put alcohol into jello. Didn't know about that, either. Yeah, I've lived a weird life.

I know what you mean about the addiction factor. Dang, I can see why people are always saying Russians are addicted to Vodka. It is very, very addictive. Now I understand WhiskeyTown a little better, too. We've been talking for the past two years, yet I never really knew where he was coming from with the alcohol thing.

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, make a tea out of it, bake brownies, put it in your Gatorade, whatever.

But remember: you wouldn't be the first person who "never tried alcohol" who really went all to hell when it just sprung upon them in midstream.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify, to get the effects of MJ, you need to heat it up, you couldn't eat unburned(or heated) MJ and get stoned.

Rushmore
01-21-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean about the addiction factor. Dang, I can see why people are always saying Russians are addicted to Vodka. It is very, very addictive. Now I understand WhiskeyTown a little better, too. We've been talking for the past two years, yet I never really knew where he was coming from with the alcohol thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to pull any kind of "tough love" crap on you, but I promise, you have no idea where Whiskeytown is coming from if he drinks as hard as he says he does.

There's nothing cute or cool or funny or romantic about rolling over in the morning, reaching under the bed, and taking a pull from a bottle just to be able to get up. No offense to Whiskeytown, but go gently. You have no idea what you're letting yourself in for if you really do it wrong.

It's cool that you don't know that you can eat or drink pot. That's cool.

Be careful.

DISCLAIMER: The reason I come off as sounding fairly knowledgeable on this subject ought to be obvious enough. But there's a second reason, which is this:

I have an ex who was the sweetest, most naive (read: square) thing on the planet. "A DRINK?? Oh, no, thank you," etc.

She hurt her back pretty badly (at around 28 yrs. old) and couldn't stand the pain pills. So she decided that a few drinks wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Case closed. Hideous and horrible details will not be shared.

Anyway, it's not a unique tale.

Rushmore
01-21-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just to clarify, to get the effects of MJ, you need to heat it up, you couldn't eat unburned(or heated) MJ and get stoned.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an extremely valuable clarification.

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM
It would be nearly impossible to hurt my feelings, or be "too tough" on me. I'm just not built that way.

I think you may be 100% correct. Although I am more like my Father, in that it is super hard to become addicted to things, I could see where the vodka would lead me down a road I'm not prepared to take.

I wondered how I would feel when the humidity and cold let up, and I wasn't in pain. For over a week, the weather here was sunny and warm. I didn't really feel any craving to drink at all. But there is a difference between being able to abstain after only drinking for a couple of weeks, and being able to abstain after having been drinking a couple of months...

The forecast is clear, we're leaving for Commerce next Wednesday for the LAPC, their forecast is even better (less humidity), and Commerce charges for liquor (if I'm addicted to anything, it's cheapskate addiction, lol).

So I suppose that will be a real test. How I do at Commerce...if I have any liquor cravings whatsoever. By the time we return from LA, the weather here will be back to almost zero humidity and my diabetes will be better. So I will have no reason to drink whatsoever.

Here is to hoping that I can avoid any addiction.

Thanks for your comments, Rushmore!

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I don't want anyone to waste anything here. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LALDAAS
01-21-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You Sir, ARE WRONG! Where did you aquire this FALSE information.

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] um, no its not.

Rushmore
01-21-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All substances that interact with brain chemistry have optimal modes of use.

Although it is true that marijuana will have an effect injested in any state, the burning/scorching/baking form is absolutely and without question far and away the most effective.

In fact, this is true to such a degree that TSC was correct in saying that simply injesting it is tantamount to wasting it.

prrthd
01-21-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy the colored toxins, especially the ones in bourbon....

ethan
01-21-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify further. The "active ingredient" you're working with is fat-soluble. Thus, you cook it briefly in melted butter or oil and then use that butter/oil in whatever you're actually cooking.

ThaSaltCracka
01-21-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify further. The "active ingredient" you're working with is fat-soluble. Thus, you cook it briefly in melted butter or oil and then use that butter/oil in whatever you're actually cooking.

[/ QUOTE ]
excellent further clarification Dr. Ethan.

bholdr
01-21-2005, 10:44 PM
apologies if this is an insensitive question, but what is the cause of your pain? some things work better than others depending on the source of one's problem.

i, unfourtunatly, know a thing or two about pain, so i hope my experiences may help you.

FeliciaLee
01-21-2005, 10:56 PM
Well, I kept getting these little side diseases due to the diabetes and a compromised immune system. Crazy things no one has ever heard of, or maybe heard of their grandparents getting in the old days, lol.

Like Pleurisy. That put me on my back in bed for a month! Gout in my right thumb, haha. On and on.

One that I got was Fibromyalgia, which they said came on because I got Epstein-Barr virus, which is the virus in Mono. Go figure!

Anyway, the fibro made me feel like I was laying in ground glass or something. They say it's muscle pain, but it feels almost like my joints are on fire or something. It's just crazy.

The doctor told me that a warm, dry climate seemed to be the best for all of these little side diseases, so we moved to Arizona. He was right, I was instantly about 90% better. Unfortunately, in the winter, which is cool and very wet here (oddly enough), it comes back to a certain degree. Not as bad as it was in the DC area, but bad enough to put me to bed.

It's so weird, because the rest of the year I'm a pretty normal feeling person, but as soon as the humidity reaches about 75% I'm shuddering with pain.

Thanks for asking...

bholdr
01-21-2005, 11:07 PM
ahhhh...
no experience with THAT (or those, i geuss)

i've blown out knees, broken ribs, ankles, arms etc...
but this last winter i got a herniated disc in my back. feels like getting stabbed in the legs 24/7, but physical therapy has cleared that up, mostly. (i'm a full time ski instructor/bum, or was, in case you were wondering)

but that

whiskeytown
01-22-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to pull any kind of "tough love" crap on you, but I promise, you have no idea where whiskeytown is coming from if he drinks as hard as he says he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of my drinking rep. came from a couple yrs ago - the 5th of booze every two days, going to work hungover or not at all, crap like that.

I haven't been in that spot for some time now - I still go overboard on occasion, but not the every night I'm alive frequency it was a couple yrs ago.

Quite frankly, the hangovers were murder - just not worth it...

It's whack how that [censored] works sometimes. I remember for yrs. not drinking, but just having the most godawful urge to get away/escape/relax/flirt like everyone else, and to maybe think less (when you think so much all the time you can't sleep at nights, it'll really piss you off.)

so when I did start drinking, it sorta patched that urge for me for a couple yrs...but not so badly lately -

RB

Slacker13
01-22-2005, 04:20 AM
You know your too drunk when you post a picture of yourself naked.

Rushmore
01-22-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Most of my drinking rep. came from a couple yrs ago - the 5th of booze every two days, going to work hungover or not at all, crap like that.

I haven't been in that spot for some time now - I still go overboard on occasion, but not the every night I'm alive frequency it was a couple yrs ago.

Quite frankly, the hangovers were murder - just not worth it...

[/ QUOTE ]

At one point, I was putting down as much as a fifth a day or 3-4 bottles of wine, depending on which cycle I was in. This went on for almost ten years.

I'll tell you, now that I don't do it anymore, I can really appreciate just how bad those hangovers were. When you're in the middle of it, you convince yourself that it's not that bad, and that you're managing ok.

If feeling like you have leukemia every morning is managing, I don't want to manage.

[ QUOTE ]
I remember for yrs. not drinking, but just having the most godawful urge to get away/escape/relax/flirt like everyone else, and to maybe think less (when you think so much all the time you can't sleep at nights, it'll really piss you off.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is every hard boozehound's problem. "Gee, look at all the "normal people." Sure, they're a bunch of dolts and dullards, but they seem to be enjoying themselves. Why can't I do that?" <insert whiskey glugging sound here>

Then you grow up and realize that everyone's got problems and that you're not special or even especially sensitive or anything. You're not a snowflake. You're just a guy like everyone else, and you don't get to feel quite this sorry for yourself.

Life's tough, for sure. Destroying your liver, falling down stairs, getting in fights, getting 86'ed, getting arrested, alienating your family and friends, losing your job, etc. just makes it tougher.