PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 turn question

na4bart
01-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Somewhat tight game at Bellagio a few days ago. Am winning and have a solid image in this game and no body has been taking any shots at me.

I have 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button and raise an early and middle limper. Both blinds call.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

It is checked to me and I check behind taking the free card.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, EP calls, the others fold.

What's my best line here.

skp
01-21-2005, 12:02 AM
You missed a preflop call.

You missed a flop bet.

Now, tell us that you didn't miss a turn raise.

note: although I suppose one could argue for a call in case they put you on a monster AA and fold anything they may have. Bzzzt...weak argument...raise.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-21-2005, 12:04 AM
i won't comment about your preflop play, but this turn is a ridiculously easy raise.

esspo
01-21-2005, 12:05 AM
If you raise the turn that would scream AA, especially given your image. If they have any sense at all you should call the turn and raise any non A river.

esspo
01-21-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bzzzt...weak argument...raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-21-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If they have any sense at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

you overestimate your opponents methinks.

esspo
01-21-2005, 12:19 AM
I've never played at the Bellagio, but he said the game was tight. If both opponents are goobers then OK go ahead and raise. I suppose it is the same whether he raises the turn or river assuming someone calls the raise.

Oh and FWIW I do agree he missed a bet on the flop though.

NMcNasty
01-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Preflop I prefer folding, although calling is ok and raising is a bit too aggressive for my taste but is still fine.

On the flop I think checking might be slightly better than betting, although if the players are passive enough betting would be better (so a free card can be taken on the turn).

I agree that the turn is a very easy raise.

na4bart
01-21-2005, 12:35 AM
One of the callers was a bit live and the BB routinely checked top pair in a raised pot, hence the flop check.

In regards to the pre flop raise, I do this kind of thing a couple of times during a session on average. I know how to get away from a hand, so this type of play works for me. Yes, crappy hand, but the deception gained makes it worth it on the current hand and more importantly in future hands. And not only from the button, I do look left.

Anyway, I raise the turn and all folded. I thought later that I should have waited until the river as what I smacked of a slowplay of top set. So maybe not an easy turn raise after all?

TStoneMBD
01-21-2005, 08:37 AM
jesus christ