PDA

View Full Version : Tilt recap (thread #5) (profuse apologies to Cola)

istewart
01-20-2005, 11:24 PM
This was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen. Thoughts?

AngryCola
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(thread #5) (profuse apologies to Cola)

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, you did make me laugh with this post. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not sure why.

nolanfan34
01-20-2005, 11:39 PM
What are you talking about? That show RULED. I love that ESPN has decided f-it, we're going to see just how far we can push the decency envelope on basic cable.

The unintentional comedy is off the charts. I will say I was doing dishes and working on dinner so I didn't pay attention to all of the plot, but the stuff I saw was entertaining/hilarious.

judgesmails
01-20-2005, 11:51 PM
The show is okay and I will continue to watch it. It is more interesting to me than 95% of what is on television. The production and acting is good and the plot line dramatic enough to keep me interested.

Much of the criticism of this show is founded on fact that it is not a realistic depiction of poker. The criticism may be valid, but who cares. CSI is not an accurate depiction of criminal forensics and NYPD Blue is not an accurate depiction of police work. They can still be decent shows.

Gatts
01-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Episode 2 kicked ass.

istewart
01-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Most people that watch Tilt have played poker. Most people that watch NYPD Blue are not cops.

MicroBob
01-21-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Much of the criticism of this show is founded on fact that it is not a realistic depiction of poker. The criticism may be valid, but who cares. CSI is not an accurate depiction of criminal forensics and NYPD Blue is not an accurate depiction of police work. They can still be decent shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree.
Much of the criticism of the show has to do with bad writing and bad acting.
We do like talking about the unrealistic hands that are played....but that's not even close to the problems with the general plot and story-line and horrible lines.

"can't wait to go heads-up with you like Rocky and Creed at the end of 3."
"ding. ding."

I'll agree that the 2nd episode was better.
But i think part of it is that we are all just used to how cheezy the show is from episode-1 and are more familiar with whatever the hell they're trying to do with the story-lines.

Also - after episode 1, I don't think it could have gotten any worse anyway. There was only 1 direction the show could go from there. It still sucks though.

jakethebake
01-21-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
Haven't there only been two?