PDA

View Full Version : AGGGGHHH..I vote for Double Elimination

04-13-2002, 03:48 PM
I nearly had severancepay in Round 3...got him down to 300 chips. (caught a st8 flush on one turn.)

but then he bounced back..trouncing both of my two pairs with sets...after some heavy back and forth for about 80 min, he finally got the upper hand and I gave up with $120 left and no stomach to go on. Caught bottom pair and let him take it to the river where he had 2nd bottom pair.

In all fairness, Sev. is experienced with heads up...and it's not taking him long to get the advantage on his next opponent. But I think I can take him in a rematch...whadda say...Double Elimination? /images/smile.gif

screw this...I'm going to the bar

RB

04-13-2002, 09:12 PM
In all fairness to his next opponent ME, i didn't stand much of a chance early on. My computer crashed and i blinded off 500 chips before i could get back on. Then i took a hammering on AA, and i was down to $1,100.

As soon as that was over i wiped the floor with him, so your double elimination happened. Talk about tilting. Once i got him down to less than 800 he started bet, raise, reraise whatever comes. Not too much later i had AK on A6AJ9 board and he finished his stack off with 25o.

04-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Yeah...I'm a bit bummed cause I feel I should have had him about 3 times. - But when your two pair run up against sets...well, what can ya do. one time I had KK and the board comes 828 - only to find he got in with A8

On the other hand, my st8 flush knocked him down a bit

You highlight an issue though...that thing started folding the moment someone gets knocked out. Out of respect for my opponents, I sat out the couple times it happened till it got back...we just kept taking SB's off each other. I wanted to win, but not that way. As it was, I did win those two rounds, and hopefully the respect of an opponent or two.

I see you're going on...good luck