PDA

View Full Version : Slot machine question/observation

11-06-2001, 11:58 AM
I don't play slots or at least I won't admit to it. /images/smile.gif

Anyhow, you always hear those horror stories of the poor bastard who hit the Megabucks but didn't play the max coins.

Is it really a horror story? The RNG computer in the machine is generating 1000's of combinations every second, right?

So if that person had played the max coins, they would have had an entirely different result anyways. That is because during the split second that it took to deposit another coin, a completely different outcome would have been generated.

Well that's it. Just something I was thinking about....

11-06-2001, 03:32 PM
If you must play slots, you must play max coins.

11-06-2001, 09:48 PM
no in the majority of machines that im aware of the first coin locks the response in. it may have changed though, but not important unless you can find a way to see whats there before putting in more money.

11-07-2001, 10:01 PM
Actually the current mechanism most used is the moment the spin button is pushed or the handle is pulled to a point where the machine is going to render a result. In this case it almost certainly would have changed the result because the player would have been off even a split second in pushing the buttons. There could be other ways such as Ray mentioned, but I went to "slot" school and they explained on the machine we had as an example this is the way they determine it. In any event it never hurts to always play those max coins on something like Megabucks. After all there is no reason to play any progressive slot other than to play max and try to win that progressive jackpot.

11-08-2001, 04:13 PM
things have changed a bit since ive been around the slots i guess although i saw it from the poker type machines, not the pull handle, although there may be no difference anymore in how the random number generators lock in. you are right it doesnt matter in any jackpot machine you should play for the jackpot or not at all.

11-12-2001, 11:13 PM