PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate is good for you

Matt Flynn
01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
best medical news from 2004 for me was several new studies showing lightly processed chocolate is extremely good for you, on the order of red wine and apsirin, which are hugely healthful for adults (although many do not need aspirin). i have no idea which commercial bars contain lightly processed chocolate but have settled on Lindt's 70% cocoa bar, at $1.69 for 3.5oz only slightly more than a hershey bar. chocolate contains phytochemicals in large quantities.

red wine, chocolate, blueberries, raspberries and apples along with vegetables, other fruits, olive and canola oil and whole grains now form the nucleus of healthy eating. these are a few of my favorite things. also, coffee is still not bad for you and may help prevent diabetes, the greatest future scourge of our overweight country.

matt (m.d.)

felson
01-20-2005, 09:29 PM
Yes, but it gives you zits!

Okay, I know that's a myth. Just joking, Dr. Dermatologist sir. I will take my chocolate as prescribed.

theBruiser500
01-20-2005, 09:54 PM
I love chocolate. Some questions for anyone who can help. What does "lightly processed" mean, what does it mean to process chocolate anyway? What does "70% cocoa bar" mean? What are phytochemicals?

Maybe you have some links to your reports Doctor Flynn?

CCass
01-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Matt, are you sure you know what you are doing. OOT can be a tough place, but with advice like this, you can be my Dr. anytime.

Chris

theBruiser500
01-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I'm going to eat some chocolate now.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-21-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

best medical news from 2004 for me was several new studies showing lightly processed chocolate is extremely good for you

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a woman?

tek
01-21-2005, 03:22 PM
Don't forget brocolli and honey.