PDA

View Full Version : Pushing bottom 2-pair?

kongo_totte
01-20-2005, 07:34 PM
NL $.5 BB Full ring online. No reads. I'm MP3 w/ 6h 7h, and about $50.

2 limpers to me who limps, CO limps, button ($50) limps, BB checks. 6 to the flop.

Flop ($6.25): 6s 7d Qs

Checked to me who bets $6, CO goes all in for $11, button calls, folded to me who pushes for another $38.

I figured I'm often up against one TPDK and one flush draw or straight draw, hoping the top pair was CO. Thoughts?

MarkL444
01-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Beautiful.

istewart
01-20-2005, 08:12 PM
I likey. No cheap cards with bottom two.

theredpill
01-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Didn't we just discuss in another thread not pushing on the flop but waiting until the turn to push ? I just got torn a new one when a guy hit his two outer on the turn. Had I waited, I would have lost less. Your win % goes up on the turn if no scare cards come.

kim2005
01-20-2005, 10:00 PM
good play

jhall23
01-20-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't we just discuss in another thread not pushing on the flop but waiting until the turn to push ? I just got torn a new one when a guy hit his two outer on the turn. Had I waited, I would have lost less. Your win % goes up on the turn if no scare cards come.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you are referring to the suggestions from your post here.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1571203&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

And inside that fimbulwinter references a point suggesting to not get so much money in on the flop.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1428873&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1

I think discussing these hands in comparison could be a good exercise. Kongo, was this really a 1$ BB game. You have 6 limpers and a 6.25 pot on the flop.

Anyway assuming that is true a 6$ bet could be a TP type hand betting out and/or something trying to take the pot down. We aren't already faced with a bet we are opening it up. I believe in the other hands fimbulwinter was suggesting to let it get big before making a move and if it is still safe then do it. In this hand by the time it gets back to him the pot is already pretty big (~44 dollars) plus there is only 1 more person left with any money to bet. So a push here seems like a much different situation.

Please let me know if you think my thinking on this is sound.

kongo_totte
01-21-2005, 06:32 AM
As jhall23 suggested, there is something wrong with the pot size on the flop. This was as stated a $.5BB game and the pot was therefore $3.25. I only had this from memory since the hand history from Prima got ****** up. Mine and buttons stack sizes are correct though, but I believe that CO had more like $8. So it should read like this.

NL $.5 BB Full ring online. No reads. I'm MP3 w/ 6h 7h, and about $50.

2 limpers to me who limps, CO limps, button ($50) limps, BB checks. 6 to the flop.

Flop ($3.25): 6s 7d Qs

Checked to me who bets $3, CO goes all in for $7, button calls, folded to me who pushes for another $42.

I figured I'm often up against one TPDK and one flush draw or straight draw, hoping the top pair was CO. Thoughts?

kongo_totte
01-21-2005, 06:53 AM
I was thinking in the same turns as you jhall. The pot is already about 40XBB, and since CO is all in I'm really only playing against button, who is very likely to be on a draw or a monster, but it could be something like TPDK/TPGK. If it's a monster, say a set or top two, I figure I go broke either way, except if a scare card falls, that didn't really help him anyway. The way I see it, just calling the flop here is a loose-loose situation. Also, when the pot gets this big I realloy don't want to risk top pair filling up to 2-pair or trips. Basically any card is a scare card since it could give button a hidden 2-pair that beats mine.

Also, as I kind of mentioned above, since the pot is 3-way, I'm really not sure which cards that help button and which don't, and I fear decicions I have to make on latter streets have a relatively high risk of making me fold the best hand. If the board makes a flush on the turn, and it turned out that button was on top pair, I loose alot of value, either by folding if he gives action, or atleast by me becoming reluctant of building a pot, even if I'm ahead.

Thoughts?

theredpill
01-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Did button call ? Did you win ? This situation is almost identical to my bottom two pair as far as pot sizes go and when to push. I only had 1 other player to worry about , though on the turn and river. LP folded to my push.

I don't think its a bad play but Kimbul was suggesting waiting to see what hit the turn. If I had waited , I would have saved some money because a 2nd queen hit.

kongo_totte
01-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Button folded what I assume was a draw. A spade hit the turn, and I hold my breath, just to be shown Q 5o by CO.

I win, yay.