PDA

View Full Version : HUT tournament time

04-13-2002, 02:14 AM
Is it just me or was I the only one that

didn't catch the 10:00 pm EST start time?

I just noticed MS SUNSHINES msg here on

2+2, unfortunately when Ms Sunshine suggested

checking back on 2+2 for regular updates a few

days back, I didn't realize I would have to check in every msg on the board for a date/start time.

Here is the sequence of emails exchanged between

myself and MS:

11:54 am pac today: I sent an email stating to count me in (AnteUp username)

11:59 am pac: received email stating:

"I've added your name to the tournament, please check the Internet Gambling forum for general updates.

" GENERAL UPDATES /images/frown.gif /images/frown.gif

4:59 pm PT: (2 hrs before start time!)

received email confirming the date/time.

10:30 pm pt: read email /images/frown.gif

After the matter I went back over the 2+2 board,

and did indeed noticed more the one reference to

the start date..But I still think it was quite

unprofessional not to send this info directly to everyone in an email.

By the way, I finished 4th on my table.

04-13-2002, 02:22 AM
unprofessional not to send this info directly to everyone in an email.

You got to be kidding me MS Sunshine went out of her way to do something nice for the board members here with prize money to boot. I went the same email route has you and it worked for me

04-13-2002, 02:30 AM
Seriously, this was something organized by a poster for fun. Professionalism should not be questioned...and even if it is, there were about 50 posts about it here and I received 4 emails from John with updates, 2 of which included the start time. These were sent to everyone who has inquired at the time. Thanks MS.

04-13-2002, 03:02 AM

04-13-2002, 03:30 AM
"went out of her way ......I went the same email route has you and it worked for me"

Then it should have been quite clear to you that

MS Sunshine is not a "her".

In fact I would have expected such a slip up from a her.

Is it to much to ask for the date/start time

to be emailed to all participants with more than 2 hours prior notice?????

04-13-2002, 03:33 AM
"and I received 4 emails from John with updates, 2 of which included the start time."

Good for you.

04-13-2002, 04:18 AM
I only had about 2 days notice of the correct time. I even had the presence of mind to log on to pokerstars and check the times there too.

Do you need mummy to change your nappy too Creampuff?

04-13-2002, 04:20 AM
If you are using a hotmail address then you might have had it sent to your junk mail folder like i did. Pretty easy to check.

04-13-2002, 07:13 AM
I would like to join in these poker torunements but i'm not sure how to join so please can someone help me out by replying to this e-mail

many thanks

04-13-2002, 08:03 AM

04-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Dear Creampuff,

We were not offended by your original post, although "unproffessional" may have been strong, as you admitted, and we ourselves wish everything could have been handled more smoothly.

Reading the replies to your post, there is little need for us to defend ourselves, but I would like to say this. When we had 76 players and could only accomodate 64, my husband and myself, and my mother, were the first 3 spots to be given up. Taking into account that there is no pay for organizing an event like this, I would consider this to be the very height of "proffesionalism".

Concerning your statement that "MS Sunshine is obviously not a her"...I should let you know that MS Sunshine is a husband and wife team who often work together without acknowledging the other's contributions.

Furthermore, your statement "I would expect such a slip up from a her" is extremely personally offensive, and I don't give a good GD if it's "unproffessional" of me to say so. As a matter of fact, it was me who responded to your e-mail yesterday, which came in requesting entry to the tournament just 7 hrs prior to the start of a tournament, which had been scheduled for more than a week.

In any case, I sent you and the 10 others who came in late the same information at the same time. I don't believe any of the other's had any problems. Even though you have angered me greatly with your sexist comments, I will sincerely apologize for the short notice of the time. This was supposed to be a fun tournament for all 2+2ers, and I am sorry that your experience was less than ideal.

Best Regards,

MS Sunshine (her)

04-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Furthermore, your statement "I would expect such a slip up from a her" is extremely personally offensive"......

Sorry..Sorry.Sorry.

I will apologize for this..Especially having already known you two play on the same account.

When both my emails to me were signed off by "John", I could only assume I was dealing with the husband only.

04-13-2002, 12:33 PM
'When both my emails to me were signed off by "John", I could only assume I was dealing with the husband only.'

Oh I see. Now it appears you're saying that if you were dealing with John only and not Les, that would give you license for your sexist remarks?

You may think this is none of my business but Ms. Sunshine are friends of mine and sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Your conditional apology seems even more unkind than your selfish remarks.

KC50

04-13-2002, 12:44 PM

04-13-2002, 12:59 PM
CreamPuff, you are the epitome of a lowlife scumbag cardplayer. One of those disgusting human beings I am accustomed to seeing sitting around the felt. Not only are your initial remarks pigheaded and unneccesary, your apologize makes you look like aN EVEN BIGGER SCUMBAG!!!! YOU ARE AN UNGRATEFUL LOWLIFE WHO DOESN'T DESERVE THE MS SUNSHINES.... I EXPECT A FULL APOLOGY, WHERE YOU WILL ADMIT ALL YOUR WRONGS AND BEG THE MS SUNSHINES FOR FORGIVENESS. CREAMPUFF, YOU ARE EVERYTHING THAT IS WRONG WITH POker, WHILE THE MS SUNSHINES ARE EVERYTHING THAT IS RIGHT (IN A NUTSHELL!).

Steven Costa