PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to Full Games Part 2: Look at all the callers!!

B Dids
01-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Both hands I feel like I maybe I should have laid down preflop- but the volume of cold callers got me all hot and bothered.

Hand 1.

I'm in the BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG + 1 raises, two callers, sb calls, I call(!!)

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, I check, thinking about check raising if it comes back to me for one bet (lousy?) and it's checked through.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet, two folds, LP guy calls,

River 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, he calls.

Hand 2: (warning, this is just ugly)

I'm in the SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Raise from EP, 3 cold callers to me, I cold call, BB cold calls.

Flop. 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to the preflop raiser, he bets, one flod, everybody else including me (overcards + backdoor flush draw + I suck) calls.

Turn 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to the preflop raiser, he checks, another player bets out, he gets raised, unable to lay down my hand, I cold call 2 as does the guy behind me, the better 3-bets, everybody calls. (at this point I still felt good about my flush, as I think the action I'm seeing are straights, probably iffy assumption).

River 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check fold.

Entity
01-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Dids,

#1 is an easy fold. #2 looks completely standard. Seems like shorthanded play has got you liking playing hands like QJo and T9o against EP raises, but it seems like a habit worth breaking. I dunno, I'm probably too tight against EP raises, but I'd rather call with T6s than T9o.

Rob

sthief09
01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
muck the T9o. in hand 2 it looks like you're getting 17-1 or somewhere close. closing the action, or almost closing the action, or with passive players behind you, I think it's fine. obviously on the turn you're not folding