PDA

View Full Version : Should I have bet on the turn?

admo415
01-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Not sure, but my thinking is that I wanted to see the free card

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

djr
01-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Given you have 15 good outs, and may have the best hand unimproved, you can value bet the turn. If they fold you're happy. If they call and you hit one of your 15 outs, you're really happy. If they call and you miss, you'll probably get a free showdown and so you're slightly happy.

if all you had going for you was the flush, then I'd go for the free card.

sean c
01-20-2005, 07:18 PM
no I like the free card with the flop raise. Position gotta love it

Entity
01-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Against two players and having a fairly raggedy board, I'm betting this turn and checking the river u/i.

Rob

K C
01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
You saved yourself a bet here by not betting it. There are times when you want to bet this, but that's when you feel you can take it down. With the flop action this probably isn't happening. BB has something but you've scared him with your flop raise into giving you a free card. Not a bad idea to take it here.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com

edtost
01-20-2005, 07:40 PM
party 2/4 players love to call the flop and fold the turn.

Entity
01-20-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You saved yourself a bet here by not betting it. There are times when you want to bet this, but that's when you feel you can take it down. With the flop action this probably isn't happening. BB has something but you've scared him with your flop raise into giving you a free card. Not a bad idea to take it here.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

BB will have a draw quite a large portion of the time here, and your hand will be ahead here often enough, I think, to justify betting. Against 3 players it's a check, but this is a pretty good occasion to semibluff the turn.

Rob

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
The tighter your opponents are, the more likely I am to bet the turn. The looser they are the more likely I am to check it.

That said I think either way is fine.